Chapter Thirty (O.M.)

Chapter Thirty

I only call you when it's half past five

The only time that I'll be by your side  

From: My Everything xx Received: 1:02 PM

look, i know you're still ignoring me and shit but I have a doctor's appointment at five today. I would really like it if you came, but if you don't want to that's fine too... I miss you Oliver. 

To: My Everything Sent: 1:03 PM

I'll see what I can do. I miss you too. How's Eli?

From: My Everything Received: 1:05 PM

He's been just fine. We've been over at my parents house for the past day or so. He loves being here and with you being gone... He's happy. 

To: My Everything Sent: 1:08 PM

This is hard for me too, I don't like being away from him but right now we need time apart. You might not see it, but I do. 

From: My Everything Received:  1:10 PM 

you promised you'd stay and then you left. You can't exactly blame me for the fact that I'm a little upset about it. Besides, you told me you'd come home after the concert the other day and then you never did. 

To: My Everything Sent: 1:11 PM

you didn't exactly give me a choice. Look, I'll see what I can do about the doctors appointment, but I need to go. I'll talk to you later. 

-------------------------

"What's with the long face?" Dean asks, practically jumping over the back of the couch and onto my lap. I let out a loud groan at the sudden weight on my lap, I hadn't exactly expected Dean to jump on me... He wasn't a very touchy person. 

"Get off me, you cow." I groaned, pushing at Dean's side in hopes that maybe I could get him off my lap. Dean rolled his eyes before sitting next tome, throwing an arm around my shoulders.

"Rude, but I forgive you. Why are you so upset?" Dean asks again, looking at me expectantly as I let out a sigh. 

"It's nothing, just relationship issues." I said, shrugging a little as if it wasn't a big deal. It really was though, I felt like my relationship was falling apart right now and I knew it was mainly due to the fact that I left the other night. I just wanted everything to go back to the way they were when Alex and I first got back together, when our biggest problem was what we wanted for dinner. 

That didn't mean I regretted having Eli though, even if things had gotten a lot more complicated since he got here. I loved my son to death and I wouldn't give him up for anything else in the world. 

I just wished Alex could let things go.

"When isn't it relationship issues with you? Jesus Christ." Dean groans, earning a glare from me.

"It's not my fault." 

"I'm sure it isn't, but dammit Oliver how many songs have you written about Alex?" 

"He's my inspiration." 

"They're hardly happy songs, Olly." 

"What are you getting at?" 

"I'm just saying that you have yet to write a happy song about your boyfriend. I'm sure whatever it is going on between the two of you right now will pass over, it always does. Now how about you get off your ass and go home. As much fun as it is having you crash on my couch right now, I personally want the house to myself." 

"What about Chad?" I asked, looking at Dean with a quirked eyebrow. 

"He's gone, hanging out with that Jonah kid I think." Dean shrugs before standing off the couch and walking away from me. 

"What do you mean he's hanging out with Jonah?" I stood up too, following him into his kitchen as he once again shrugs.

"He's just hanging out with Jonah, that's all he's been doing for the past few days. Apparently they're friends or something, beats me." Dean says, opening the fridge as soon as he reached the kitchen. 

"Jonah is Alex's brother." 

"Your point?" 

"I don't have one... It's just weird that Jonah is hanging out with Chad." I said honestly, biting down on my bottom lip. Our conversation seemed to die at that point, neither of us having any interest of keeping it going. I let out a small sigh as I looked down at my phone, seriously considering whether or not it was time to go home.

I missed my son.

I missed Alex.

I missed sleeping in my own bed with Alex right next to me.

I missed hearing Eli's giggles first thing in the morning. 

I just missed home, but I was scared as to what it was going to be like once I got back. It was more than clear that Alex was mad at me for leaving, I was well aware of the fact that he was...

"Staring at your phone isn't going to make him call you." 

"I'm not waiting for him to call me." 

"Then what are you waiting for?" 

"I just don't think it's a wise idea for me to go home right now. Alex is going to have my head on a plate for leaving." I whispered, earning a snort from Dean as he shuts the fridge door.

"The longer you wait, the worse it'll get. Trust me, he won't kill you just yet." Dean teases, winking at me before taking a bite out of the cheese stick he'd just grabbed. 

"You don't know Alex." 

"You're right, but I know how relationships work. The sooner you get the talk over with, the better." 

------------------------------------------------------------------

yeah.

i don't even know.

this book is probably drawing to a close.

i've run out of ideas to be quite honest.

so yeah.

dedication goes to black-veil-pilots

comment

and

vote

connie xx