Chapter Twenty-Four (O.M.)

Chapter Twenty-Four

Wherever you go I'm calling

Even when you're breaking my heart

"Tell him I love him and that I miss him very much." Alex said as he paced the hotel room. He was on the phone with his mum who had just put E.J. down for bed. Alex had called to say goodnight, but Eli was already asleep when he did. I let out a soft sigh as I looked down at my phone, waiting for the text from Tracy. I was a little nervous if I was to be completely honest. I wasn't really sure what we were going to be walking into, from the way Dean made it seem Tracy was rather pissed with me. I didn't want to deal with it, but I knew that it was better if I did. Alex sighed as he got off the phone with his mum, running a hand through his hair as he sits down on the bed.

"Has she texted you yet?" Alex asks, looking absolutely exhausted.

"No, you can probably take a nap before we go see her." I said quietly, kissing the top of his forehead before walking towards the bathroom.

"I don't think I'll be able to sleep... What are you doing?" Alex asks, shifting his weight on the bed a little as he looks at me. I pulled my shirt off before tossing it towards him.

"I'm going to take a shower. You're more than welcome to join me if you want to." I said, winking before walking into the bathroom. It didn't take long for Alex to follow me, climbing in to the rather large shower with me.

-------------

"Care to explain this?" Was the first thing Tracy said to us when we walked into her office. In front of us sat a picture from the restaurant the night I asked Alex to marry me.

"I don't really think there's much to explain.... I mean it's pretty obvious what's going on." I said, shrugging as if it was no big deal. Tracy didn't seem to appreciate that, her eyes narrowing into a glare. Alex hid behind me, his hand gripping my arm as if it were some kind of life line. Alex was absolutely terrified of Tracy and I couldn't really blame him. Tracy was f ucking scary if she wanted to be, but I wasn't one to let people walk all over me.

"I gave you one rule, Oliver."

"And it was a stupid one. They were going to find out about Alex eventually, Tracy. I wasn't going to pretend like he was just a friend for the rest of my career. I have a son with him, I'm going to marry him. I figured it was time for everyone else to know." I said honestly, looking Tracy directly in the eyes as I spoke. She looked conflicted for a moment, her eyes flicking to Alex and then back at me.

"The rule wasn't about you pretending you didn't love him. The rule was there to protect your family, Oliver. You might be used to your life being an open book for everyone to read, but did you ever stop to think of your family was ready for that? I gave you the rule to protect them, not just you." Tracy says, her voice quiet and almost apologetic as she speaks. I didn't know what to say for a moment, looking at Alex who was still hiding behind me. He hadn't said a word I didn't think he was going to.

"I can protect them. That's what I'm supposed to do and that's what I'm going to do. I get that it was in place for their benefit, but they don't need it. They just need me." I said, once again looking at Tracy. Tracy lets out a sigh before she shakes her head.

"But you're not always around..." Alex is the one to speak now, surprising me a little. He moves out from behind me, a sad expression on his face as he looks at me.

"You can't be there to protect us when you're halfway across the world. You're not always going to be there, Olly." A.J. whispers, biting his bottom lip softly as he looks at me.

"Like hell Im not. Alex, you know I would drop everything just to make sure you were okay, that Eli was okay.... I will always be there." I said, trying not to get offended by the fact that everyone seemed to think that I couldn't protect my family.

"And you shouldn't have to do that. We aren't your only responsibility, we might be your main one.... But Dean, Zack and Chad need you too."

"But you're my top priority. You and Eli always come first, even if it means leaving the band for a few days. They understand that you guys come first." I said, feeling somewhat desperate in getting my point across. I didn't understand how Alex never seemed to get that he was always going to be first, no matter how many times he told me not to put him first.

"I don't want you to keep doing that though, Oliver. You can't keep running back home every time there's a small problem. You have a responsibility to your band and they need you too. I'm not saying that you have to pick, I know that you'd pick Eli and I in a heartbeat. I'm just saying that we aren't the only ones who need you right now." Alex says, grabbing my hand after he finished talking. He gave it a reassuring squeeze when I just continued to stare at him. I didn't understand Alex sometimes, one minute all he wanted me to do was stay and the next he was pushing me out the front door. Tracy cleared her throat after that, making Alex and I both look at her.

"We've got a mess on our hands now because the media knows about Alex. I need to know what direction you boys want to go with this, take it in stride or pretend like it never happened?" Tracy asks, leaving the question out on the table. I look over at Alex now, knowing that this really wasn't up to me. He was the one who was being thrown out there, along with Eli... So it was up to him. Alex bites his bottom lip for a moment before looking at Tracy.

"I want to take it in stride..."

------------------------------------

wtf

This chapter is so weird. Like I wanted it to be dramatic but then it wasn't.

I cry.

Comment

And

Vote

Connie xx