Chapter Twenty-Eight

When we're becoming something else

I think it's time to walk away

Oliver eventually made his way into our room, climbing onto the bed next to me when the clock on the nightstand said it was well past one in the morning. I hadn't been able to sleep, mainly due to the fact that I had grown so used to having Oliver next to me... that I couldn't sleep without him next to me. I was also trying to figure out why Oliver had gotten so upset when I'd brought up the new baby... I thought he would be happy about this... He was the one who wanted another kid... So I didn't get why he was being like this.

"Are you still awake?" He asks quietly, pulling me close to his chest as I let out a long and heavy sigh.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have reacted like that earlier..."

"Then why did you? Last I checked, you were the one who wanted another kid. You were perfectly fine with it until you found it was actually real. You've been ignoring the topic for the past two weeks Oliver and I want to know why..." I whispered, trying not to cry as I did.

"I don't know... I guess I just didn't think it was going to happen so soon. I thought we had a couple more years before we even had to worry about another baby... and now that it's actually happening... I guess I'm scared, nervous about what's going to happen."

"Do you think I'm not or something? I'm scared too, especially if this baby ends up having the same problems as Eli... I don't want to go through that again, Oliver."

"I know you don't and I don't either... Like I said, I shouldn't have reacted like that and I'm sorry. It won't happen again." I let out another sigh before turning around so that I was facing him. The light on the nightstand was still on, just barely illuminating his face. He looked tired and sad, I probably looked about the same.

"We've been saying that a lot lately..."

"What?"

"It won't happen again... But yet shit still keeps happening. Olly, how are we supposed to work if we can't talk to each other about what's bothering us? I feel like we keep avoiding all of our problems and they're just getting worse..."

"What are you going on about? Alex, we haven't fought for nearly a month."

"Yeah, but I know you're still mad." Oliver falls quiet at that, closing his as he takes in a deep breath.

"What do I have to be mad about?" Oliver asks, making me laugh a little.

"You're joking right? You're still pissed at me for leaving. You're mad at me for waiting to tell you about the new baby. You're mad at me for getting mad at you. I know that you have a really hard time letting people know how you feel Oliver, but dammit pretending like you're not angry at me isn't helpful. I love you Oliver, but you're shit at letting me know how you feel." I said, my voice coming out bitter. I pulled away from him completely, not wanting to be near him at the current moment.

"So what if I'm mad at you for not telling me sooner? You f ucking broke up with me Alex, even though you knew that you were pregnant. I have no reason to believe that you weren't going to do what you did a year ago. You left me, you cut me out of your life and refused to talk to me for six months. You're the one who's always f ucking leaving, so yeah I'm a little angry about it." Oliver's tone matched mine, a glare finding it's way onto his face as he looks at me.

"If you're still angry about that, then why the f uck did you ask me to marry you?"

"Because I still love you!" Oliver practically screams at me, making me stop for a moment. I looked at him with wide eyes, taken aback by how loud he'd gotten. Oliver didn't raise his voice at anyone unless provoked...

"I still love you Alexander Jace, even when you broke my heart... even when you left me the second time... even when you f ucking told me that you wanted nothing to do with me anymore. I'm going to love you until the day I die and that's a promise. I can still be angry at you Alex, but that doesn't mean I don't love you. So don't make a big deal about this, don't make this about something that it's not. I might not be good at showing you how I feel, but don't you ever think... not even for a second that I don't love you." Oliver's voice is just barely over a whisper as he finished speaking.

"I never... I never said that you didn't love me." I find myself saying, biting down on my bottom lip as I look at him. Oliver lets out a sad chuckle, shaking his head as he gets up off the bed.

"I know you well enough to know that you don't think I do sometimes. You think I'm shit at telling people how I feel? You should take a minute and think about yourself." Oliver says, walking over to the closet. He pulls a hoodie on over his head before walking out of the bedroom. I was quick to climb out of the bed, following him out.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"To my parents. I think we need some time apart for a few days."

----------------------------------------------------------

HA.

HA.

HA.

HA.

I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M DOING.

My poor children... cause technically they're my children. That's weird to think about.

Dedication goes to SmexyCrazyMofos

My fave comment gets the dedication lol

Comment

and