Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen

When everything feels like the movies

Yeah, you bleed just to know you're alive

"Alex, tell your mother that it's my turn to hold the baby." Dad shouted from the kitchen, earning a soft chuckle from not only me but Oliver as well. We were enjoying a few minutes to ourselves, keyword being few. 

"You know, if you'd just let me have another baby we wouldn't be having this problem." Mum says, earning a loud laugh from Dad. 

"No way in hell that's happening. The thing about grandchildren Niall, we don't have to wake up at two in the morning to feed him. We don't have to change his diaper, we don't have to do anything. We just get him hyped up on sugar and send him home." 

"I feel like this is an argument your parents have a lot..." Oliver said quietly, chuckling softly as he wraps his arms around my waist. I sighed before nodding, knowing full well that this was in fact something they often argued about. 

"Mum's been wanting a baby since Aiden and Jaiden started school. I personally thought that after E.J. was born, he'd be a little less... baby hungry... but it appears as if it's gotten worse." I said just as quietly, sitting up on the couch a little as my parents continued to bicker. 

"It's probably because there's only one baby, your dad's used to having several at a time..." Oliver hides his face into my neck, his lips touching the skin as he speaks. 

"Yeah, I suppose he is." 

"Maybe we should just give him another grand kid... It won't be that hard." Oliver finally says, surprising me a little at how straight forward he was being. I knew he wanted more kids, we had a conversation about it a few months ago. 

"Maybe not for you, you're hardly home as it is... I on the other hand will be doing most of it on my own." I find myself saying, even though it didn't mean much. I was already pregnant, he just didn't know it yet. Oliver sighs before tightening his grip on me as he continues to rest his head between my shoulder and neck. 

"I know, but you could always just come with me. You don't have to stay here with E.J. on your own, you can come on tour with us." 

"That's not very fair though... Not to mention stressful. I don't want to raise my kids on the road, I want them to have a stable home life." 

"I get that, but my life is on the road. I don't want to miss out on E.J.'s first steps just because I was in a different country. I don't want to miss  any moments in our kids lives just because I'm not home." 

"I know you don't..." 

"I guess we can figure that stuff out when the time comes... It's not like you're pregnant right now or anything." I stiffened at that, knowing that right now would probably be the best time to tell him... but for some reason I couldn't. 

For some reason, I didn't want him to know just yet. 

"Yeah... When do you have to go back?" I asked, changing the subject matter. Oliver shrugs, letting go of me before sitting up. 

"In a few weeks." Oliver says, standing up from the couch. I watched him curiously, unsure of where he was going. Oliver leans down to kiss me on the cheek, a small smile on his face as he pulls away. I return it before I too stood up from the couch. 

"I'm going to go save E.J. from my parents..." I said, already walking towards the kitchen where my parents were still arguing. E.J. was sitting down on the kitchen floor, making me chuckle as I crouched down. Mum and Dad weren't even paying attention to the fact that the small baby was crawling away from them, which in turn made me question how they kept track of six kids versus one. E.J. crawled straight to me, giving a small gummy smile as I stood back up. 

"Oh for Christ sake Niall, we aren't having another baby. I won't say it again." Dad says, his arms crossed over his chest as he glares at Mum. Mum was returning Dad's glare in full force and if looks could kill I wouldn't have a second parent. 

"And I'm just saying that it's not going to be long before we have another baby around." Mum says, earning a look from Dad. Dad's eyes literally bugged out, obviously jumping to the same conclusion that I did. 

"Y-You're pregnant?!" Dad nearly screeched, making me jump. Oliver walked in at that moment, a confused look on his face. E.J. instantly reached for him, and Oliver took him with no hesitation. 

"No! I'm not pregnant you idiot. Alex is!" Mum yelled back, and my heart stops. I looked like a deer caught in headlights, mainly due to the fact that everyone was looking at me now. I wasn't sure how Mum found out, but at the moment it didn't matter. Oliver was staring at me, his eyes wide just like Dad's had been just a moment before. Dad was glaring at Oliver while Mum looked a little shocked at the fact he'd just told everyone in the room that I was pregnant. It took a moment, but I smiled sheepishly at Oliver.

"Surprise?" 

----------------------------------------------------------

What the hell am I doing lol.

I don't even know anymore.

Oh welllll

It appears to be working, so I guess I'll keep going. 

Comment

and

Vote

Connie xx