A Scavenger Hunt?

Chapter 22

A Scavenger Hunt?

"Here you go Drew!" Zach exclaimed as he handed me a red envelope with 'Clue #1' written neatly in the front.

"Um Zach? What is this?" I asked dubiously. I could tell it was a scavenger hunt but I think I needed a few more details before I willingly went off on what could be a scavenger hunt of hell.

"A scavenger hunt?" He said while looking at me like I was the idiot.

"For you and Caroline!" Unicorn added in. He was currently in the closet tidying the Caroline and Drew shrine. Caroline and I said they could keep it as long as we never had to go in there ever again.

"George is currently hiding the clues with Elizabeth." Zach explained.

I'm sure that was going swimmingly. "WAIT! ELIZABETH IS-"

Zach scoffed, "Heck no. She would cause way too much friction in our club; she would have an opinion about everything and we would have never gotten anything done!"

Well someone felt strongly about this. "I'm not sure this is exactly the kind of first date we were thinking of..." I trailed off. I mean I'm not sure Caroline would wanna go along with these goons ideas. Dinner and a movie would be just fine.

"Drew." Zach stated seriously. "We have been planning this for MONTHS. I swear it will be the best date you've ever had. Even though you've never been on a date before. If it doesn't go well I will literally pay for you guys to go to a fancy restaurant for another date!"

"Haywood's Diner would be perfect." Unicorn advertised.

Zach and I shot him a look. I'm pretty sure Caroline did not want to eat at her place of work.

"Fine." Unicorn grumbled, returning to his tidying.

"Ok. We'll do it." I agreed to Zach's plan. If their idiotic schemes brought us together and didn't make us hate each others company then I bet this would be fine.

"Great!" Zach exclaimed. He suddenly pulled out the dreaded handcuffs of sleep walking out of his pocket. "Here you go as well! We thought handcuffs would be a nice twist."

There was no way in hell. "Right." I said as I just smiled and reached for a high five. As he reached to high five me I stuck one of the handcuffs on his, and then grabbed Unicorn's wrist and put one on him. "Perfect!" I laughed.

"DREWWWW!" They both complained as they tried to pull themselves apart.

"This is not funny!" Zach told me as he further tried to pull his hand away.

"I have taxes to do!" Unicorn whined.

"Have fun boys." I said while giving them a funny looking wave and walking out the door like a badass.

"BUT DREW YOU HAVE THE KEY."

************************

*Third Person*

"George? Why the hell did you bring your extremely pregnant girlfriend to a frozen beach in the middle of winter?" Elizabeth growled as she trudged through the snow in her waterproof boots and parka.

"Umm." George replied, scared that she would murder him there and then if he gave her the real reason they were doing this.

"Tell me!" She demanded as she gave him the ultimate Elizaglare. They had been driving around for hours delivering things and she was pissed.

"If Zach was here you would've gotten ten hugs by now." George mumbled under his breath as he looked at the brown haired beauty in front of him. Elizabeth was demanding and scary but she was worth it.