Mean Aliens

Chapter 2

Mean Aliens

"How do keys just disappear?" I complained to Zach as I ran around the house searching for his missing keys.

"I don't know Drew. Should I call the police?" He wasn't being sarcastic.

"They won't accept the case, it's only been a few hours, we have to wait 24." Sometimes it was just easier to go along with things then explain how you couldn't file a missing report on keys.

"Oh right, ok" He continued to look through his couch cushions and underneath rugs.

I glanced down at my watch and found that it was 7:45 am, school started a 7:15.

After a while of searching on my hands and knees, I heard the fridge opening as well as a relieved sigh.

Zach waved the keys around, "Found them dude!"

"Where?"

"The fridge,"

I sighed audibly, "Again man? Really?"

Memories rushed back at the various things Zach has lost. Generally things end up in the fridge, but today Zach assured me there was no possible way he put them in there.

"You need to get that sleepwalking thing under control man!"

He pouted, "I was doing so well Drew! Handcuffing myself to my bed was working so great!"

I scoffed, "Until you lost the key!"

Memories of Zach being stuck in his bed flashed in my mind. After the fifth time of him calling me at 1 am because he needed to pee really bad and had lost the key, I confiscated those stupid handcuffs.

Bringing me out of my thoughts Zach skipped past me towards the door, "let's go dude! We're gonna be late!"

"Zach, we're already late!" I grumbled.

"Pshh no we're not! Let it goooooooo, let it goooo,"

"Zach Frozen came out a year ago. Let it go already!" I grunted.

"HAH even you say it!" He cackled while exiting the house.

I chased after him. Why do I even let him drive?

*25 mins later...*

We walked towards the door to our first period class. Class ended in 20 minutes yet we just got to school because this idiot decided he needed to stop for donuts.

"You sure you don't want one? They're goooood," Zach said as he waved a donut in front of my face.

"No, for the hundredth time, I don't want a donut. I especially don't want a strawberry sprinkled donut." I mentally face palmed.

As soon as I stepped one foot into the classroom I was stopped.

"And why are you gentlemen late for my class?" asked the English 12 teacher.

"Shouldn't we introduce ourselves first? I'm Zach, and this is my other half, Andrew."

The class erupted into fits of laughter while I tried to keep a straight face. The teacher looked confused and Zach didn't care.

"So what's your name, if you don't mind my asking?" Zach asked with a wink. This made the class laugh even harder.

"Why are you late?"

"Well we were on our way here when we ran out of gas. Our car stopped and we were like 'well we need to walk to the gas station' so we got out of the car. All of a sudden, Big Foot came and he stole our car. We were all like 'Nooooo! Our car! How will we ever get to school now?'. Then we saw a UFO and we got abducted by aliens.", Zach looked at me to finish the story and back him up.

"Not only were we abducted by aliens, we were abducted by mean aliens. They wanted to probe ours butts. We were like 'No our butts are ours. You can't anally probe us' but they were not listening. We were really close to getting probed when some other aliens abducted us away from these mean aliens. The second abductors were nicer than the first ones. They helped us back to Earth and got us our car back from Big Foot, who put gas in it and decided to go on a road trip across America." I added.

Zach took over from there. "So there we were, in the middle of Maine and we had no idea how we would get to school in time. Luckily, the nice aliens decided to give us a lift. They literally lifted our car and flew us back to Sutton. We drove back home to freshen up and then drove to school. And that, sir, is why we are so late."

The teacher, who we still didn't know the name of, sighed and pointed to two open seats on either side of a girl. I started to walk to seat on her left when Zach called dibs on it.

"Seriously?" I asked him as I walked around to the seat on the girl's right.

"Dude, when am I not serious?"

"Um, I don't know, every second of every day of your life?"

We stopped our banter and looked at the girl. She was sitting there really quietly so, of course, we had to change that.

"Hiiiiiii!!!! What's your name? I'm Zach!" Zach asked the quiet girl.

"Dude, you're scaring her."

"No I'm not."

"You totally are," I rolled my eyes at him.

"How am I scaring her?"

"You're being creepy."

"No I'm not. I'm being friendly."

"I wouldn't be friends with a creepy guy like you if you greeted me that way."

"How was that creepy."

"Let's ask her. Hey, wasn't Zach being creepy?", I asked the quiet girl. She looked at me, rolled her eyes, and turned to look at the clock.

I scoffed, "Did you roll your eyes at me? What'd I do to you?" Zach laughed and said that I was actually the one bothering her all along. I was about to disagree when the bell rang to let us know that this period was over.

The girl quickly snuck out of her seat and ran off before we could make another peep.

"Oh well she was nice!"

I just shook my head. Oh Zach.