Chapter 6

For the entire weekend Leona could not get Andre's face out of her head. She tried everything to distract herself from him but nothing seemed to be working. It was like all the practice she had not thinking about him at all just flew out the window. Even throughout the following week she kept seeing his face every now and then.

Why did he have to show up now? What the hell was he even going there? Did he happened to hear when she said she had a daughter in her speech? Did he know that he is the father? What if he decided to try and take Layla from her?

All these thoughts kept going through her mind. But not over her dead body could Andre come claiming any parental custody. Not after how he had treat her years ago and accused her innocently.
It felt like it was only yesterday that everything happened.

Her discovering she was pregnant, him storming into the room yelling at and accusing her of things she had no idea about. Him throwing her out while she begged him not to, the her getting hit by a car that very day which resulted in her being adopted by her present family. All those memories just kept coming back to her.

She definitely needed to get her mind off him. She would have to try harder to distract herself from any thoughts of him. And from all those unpleasant thoughts from her past.

"Okay here goes" Leona mumbled to herself as we rang Ashley over the phone.
"Hey Ash, its me. What do you as we hang out at the beach tomorrow?........ Okay great about say eleven then?.... Cool see ya".

If there was anything that could distract her more from having certain thoughts it was definitely spending quality time with family. And getting out of the house, maybe she should go grocery shopping she thought to herself.

"Layla we're going grocery shopping, so get dressed" Leona said as she knocked and entered Layla's room.

"Okay mom, give me a minute" Layla said as she hopped off her bed and head to her closet to get dress.

"Meet me downstairs then okay?" She said as she went downstairs and gather her keys and purse

About five minutes Layla came downstairs, dressed in a pretty pink knee length dress with a jeans jacket.

"Wow, you look pretty" Leona complement her.

"Thanks mom" Layla smiled as they exit the house and to Leona car.

"Okay let's go" Leona respond they drove off to the supermarket.