Chapter 19. We meet again.

Rapunzel's POV

"Punzel..." I heard Jack whisper into my ear softly. I was still asleep, savouring the sweet serenity of the luxurious feeling of a proper bed. "Punzie." Jack cooed again. It was obvious I couldn't pretend to stay asleep any longer.

What is it?" I groaned sleepily. Jack perched on the edge of the bed and began stroking the side of my head lovingly, his face was puffy and his eyes blood-shot. "Jack..." I mumbled, concern was laced in my voice.

"Ariel has passed away." He whispered. A single tear slipped down his face which I quickly wiped away with my thumb. I blinked vigorously to stop my own tears streaming down my face.

"She's going to turn." I suddenly remembered. Jack nodded and stared at the floor.

"Merida's trying to explain to Jim that we need to stop her from turning but he just doesn't want to leave Ariel. He's lying on the bed next to her." Jack explained. This was awful. "Mer recons that Ariel died of blood poisoning from infection." Jack said.

"I'm going to go see Jim." I mumbled to Jack. I pulled off the duvet and rolled out of bed before making my way to them.

Hiccup's POV

I'd been out all morning with Esmeralda and Emma scouting for extra supplies. It was a miracle that Jack let Emma come with us considering he was still wary of Esmeralda.

"Stay close Emma." I whispered to the young girl as we crept around an abandoned street.

"Right behind you Hicc." She replied. We entered a house and picked it clean before stopping to rest. "So you and Merida eh?" Emma smirked. She was a spitting image of her brother.
"What about us?" I replied casually.
"C'mon don't pretend Hicc, you and Mer are meant to be!" Emma mused. I couldn't help but feel a little bit of pride.
"I know right!" I grinned. Emma started squealing like a piglet.
"I totally ship it!" She squeaked.
"Ship what?" I asked in confusion.
"Merricup!" Emma cried.
"SHHH! Keep your voice down." I chuckled. But it was too late...we heard the walker almost immediately. I pulled out a machete Esmerelda had given me and held it out in defence. Emma cowered behind me as swung the machete in the direction of the infected. But before I even had a chance to slice its head off, from behind it someone else did.
"Hello Hiccup...we meet again." Sneered an unfriendly voice.