Chapter 16. The offer.

Merida's POV.
"Hey?!" Screamed an unfamiliar voice. Immediately, mine and Hiccup's heads snapped forward to see a tall woman with piercing green eyes and raven hair.
"W-who are you?" Hiccup stuttered.
"My name is Esmerelda." She said, placing her hand on her hip. "What are you kids doing here on my land?" Esmerelda snapped. I glanced over at Hiccup nervously, his reaction mirrored mine.
"We are with our small group, we were passing through and needed supplies." He explained.
"Where are they now?" She questioned, her eyes narrowed to little slits.
"Probably still looting, there's seven of us." I started. "I'm Merida and this is Hiccup."
"Who else is in your group?" Esmerelda mumbled.
"Jack, Rapunzel, Emma, Jim, Ariel and some new additions, Elsa, Anna, Kristof and baby Olaf." Hiccup said.
"Seems like a lot of you. Where are you heading?" Esmerelda asked cooly.
"Atlanta, apparently it's infected free." I replied.
"That's impossible." The woman chuckled.
"We'll find that out when we get there." Hiccup shrugged his shoulders.
"Look, kids, it seems like there's a lot of you in this group and back at my camp we have food and shelter just waiting for somebody to come along and use it. I can accommodate for all of you and protection from the infected guaranteed. How's about it?"
The offer was compelling but I glanced at Hiccup with a worried expression.
"We will have to check with the others." He mumbled.
"Of course. I can't stay much longer so if you do decide to come head out of town, follow the main road for three miles and then turn left into the small town. My base is set up in the shopping centre." With that Esmerelda jogged off out of sight.