Together again

MAXON POV

It's been two weeks since America's memory loss I've been visiting her everyday bringing in pictures of us together but nothing seems to be jogging her memory. It scares me because I don't know if I will ever get her back, I only have another two weeks until she is in danger of staying like this forever. I have taken care of Jacob all by myself, I haven't told America we have a son yet because I know it will make her feel even more guilty.
I pace outside of her hospital room and wait for Marley to come out she has been trying to help with America's memory.
"Maxon?" I hear Marley say as she walks out of America's room.
"Any improvements?" I ask hopefully.
She gives me a pained look "I'm sorry" she says shaking her head.
I sigh walking into America's room.
"Hello" I say to America
"Hi" she says awkwardly waving her hand.
Today I brought a box of everything we did together during the selection,
"So today I think I'll tell you how we first met" I state.
She looks at me in wonder, her blue eyes full of questions,
"You came to the castle for my selection, and it was the night before I was to meet all of you girls, and I heard noise in the hallway turns out it was you trying to get outside. The guards wouldn't let you so I told them it was alright, so you ran outside and I followed you. You collapsed on a bench crying we talked you called me a stuck up prince. And we agreed to be friends so that I would have someone on the inside, you told me about your past love, do you remember Aspen?" I asked her.
She shook her head no. I sighed and continued.
"He was your love, you were still getting over a broken heart when you were forced into the castle. So we became friends." I finished.
"If we just became friends how did this happen" she said gesturing to her wedding ring.
"Well let's just say we weren't very good friends" I say.
"Did you bring any pictures today?" She asked.
"Yes" I said smiling when I pulled a large box filled with pictures of us during the selection.
I gave her the box while I went to the window. After a couple of minutes she finally spoke,
"Maxon, who is this woman?" She asked me showing me a picture.
My heart skipped a beat when I saw the picture, it was America and my mother on the day the selection girls decided to steal my camera.
"T-that's my mother" I said stumbling over my words.
"What happened to her? Is she still in the castle? Can I see her maybe she'll help with my memory." She sad excitedly.
"I'm sorry America she's..." I looked away afraid to see her reaction.
"She's dead" I said trying to hide the tears in my eyes.
"Oh, oh my I'm sorry I really am I didn't... mean...I....never." She spoke fast.
"It's okay," I said coming to sit beside her on the bed.
"She died protecting my father." I said stroking her back.
She gasped putting her hand over her mouth, and I saw tears in her eyes.
"Oh Maxon, I'm so sorry" she said as she held my hand lovingly.
But quickly gasped and retracted her hand.
"America what's wrong?" I asked her when I saw her face, her eyes were wide with fear and question.
"I just had a flash back, it was of you sitting in a white bed, your shoulder was bandaged and you were holding a ring" she said tears welled up in both our eyes.
"Your starting to remember?" I said excited.
America did not look pleased she turned over and started to cry.
"America, this is a good thing." I said stroking her hair.
"I know it's just.... It's so heard realiving all these memories again" she sobbed.
"I know, I know my darling" I said.
"What?" She said.
"I said I know my darling" I repeated.
"Please don't call me that" she said.
I let out a little chuckle recalling all the times she had said that to me before.
"All right I won't" I said.
This was the first time America remembered something and I was determined to get her to remember all of it before the two weeks were up.

_______________________________
I really am sorry I don't  even know how many times I have said this but I'm going to try and finish this story really soon so here's a bit of a longer chapter.

Love you all and thanks 😘