Chapter 12

beautiful banner on the side was made by leannaorange. it's beautiful. >>

Having dinner with Ashton was a strange experience and I’m pretty sure I’m a criminal now.

            He ended up taking me Olive Garden, which is one of my favorite restaurants. They give you unlimited salad and breadsticks, so obviously it’s amazing.

            When we arrived, we were immediately seated, despite the long line of people waiting for tables. I think it’s because the waitress has a thing for Ashton.

            “My name is Amanda, and I’ll be your server tonight,” the waitress told us, well she told Ashton, as we sat down. I swear I saw her wink at him.

            “What drinks can I bring you?” she asked, smiling so much that it seemed that her face would surely break.

            “I’ll have a Dr. Pepper,” I chimed in, interrupting her eye-raping of Ashton. She wrote it down on her little notepad, sending me a glare.

            “Make that two Dr. Peppers,” Ashton said, giving her a tight smile. She quickly scurried off to get our drinks.

            “Are you copying my choice of drink?” I asked, putting a hand to my heart in mock offense.

            Ashton chuckled. “Nope, it’s my favorite drink. Did you notice how the waitress was glaring at you?”

            I grinned. “Yeah, I did. She’s just jealous, ‘cause she liiiikes you.”

            Ashton frowned. “Nah, I doubt it.”

            “Really?” I smirked. “Bet you five bucks she gives you her number.”

            “No way she gives me her number,” now Ashton smirked. “Deal.”

            Sure enough, when the waitress came back a couple minutes later, there was a number scrawled on the napkin of Ashton’s drink.

            I grinned, extending my hand across the table. “Pay up, pretty boy.”

            He looked up, looking a tad bit annoyed. “I’ll just pay for dinner.”

            I ordered chicken parmesan and Ashton ordered some fancy pasta dish that I can not pronounce. The food was really good, because it’s olive garden, duh.

            The strange part came when it was time to pay. The waitress handed us the check with a flirty smile to Ashton, and then left us again. I watched as Ashton reached for his wallet, only to find that it wasn’t there.

            He looked up, meeting my eyes, looking hopeful. “Did you happen to bring any money?”

            I mentally facepalmed at his stupidity. “You took me out for dinner and didn’t bring money?”

            “Hey! I was going to make you pay for your own food by the way, I just happened to have lost our bet.” He frowned in concentration.

            “What are we going to do now?” I asked, feeling the desperation of the situation. We had just eaten at a nice restaurant and didn’t bring money. And we couldn’t just leave.

            “Shh, I’m thinking.” Ashton waved his hand to silence me.

            “Hah! You thinking? Good one,” I laughed, and he looked up again, glaring at me.