Chapter 23

Chapter 23

MaeRi's POV

I stood still staring at JongIn waiting for an explanation. But there he was, only smiling like an idiot staring down on me.

"Mind to explain..?" I finally asked after an awkward silence.

"Kai's my nickname. How come you couldn't guess it by now? You're so stupid" He scoffed, smiling cheekly at the same time. He was joking around. Since when?

"Why did you ask to meet me?" I asked coldly as blankness was written over my face.

"Because I wanted to see you." He said with a gentle smile. He looked decent for my liking, However, my poker face could not be forsaken.

"Why do you want to see me?" I continued to be cold.

"I don't know" He put his hands in his pockets. His face had became serious for a second as he averted my gaze. His eyes wandered to the wide sky blue above the both of us. As he lowered his head and faced me, his serious looks were gone, and only a smile could be seen on his face. So what do you wanna eat for lunch?" His face indeed did lit up whenever he smiled. His smile is so beautiful.

"If you're paying then I want to eat something expensive" I smirked playfully. One does not simply stay cold when the most beautiful smile had already been offered.

He chuckled at my sudden change of attitudes. "Okay then, let's go" He exclaimed and walked past me. I was dumbfounded for a moment.. It's the first time I actually hear him chuckle like that.. The sound of his laugh is too precious.. I shrugged off my thoughts and went after him. I followed him out of the company and he led us to his car. He opened the door for me and then got in and started driving down the road.

Looks like JongIn didn't take my words for a joke as we arrived at what seemes like a super fancy restaurant. By expensive food I would usually mean Hanu (Korean expensive beef) or chicken, anything that doesn't envolve cheap street food. But not such places, honestly places like these were such a burden to me.

It wasn't as fancy as the one I went to with KyungSoo though.

"A table for two please" JongIn said to the waitress. She smiled brightly and asked us to follow her. I was silently following behind JongIn when we reached our table.

The waitress placed 2 menus at the table and left.

I held the menu up and read its components. "Woah!" Was all that came out of my mouth. That place was indeed expensive. I hadn't taken my eyes off of the menu when I heard JongIn chuckle.. for the second time today.

I put the menu down so that my eyes were now on JongIn. "It's okay, I'm paying so feel free to get whatever you want" He said with a big smile. JongIn seemed unoridinarily happy with all the chuckles and the smiles lately. Also his sudden concern and gestures were quite irritating if you ask me. He was usually dull and silent whenever I saw him. He indeed was up to something.

"Okay then, if you say so" I said with a smirk, deciding on taking a chance to let him pay as much as he can. After all, he was the one to make the offer, no?

When the waitress stopped by to take our orders, I made sure to get the most expensive dishes on the menu.

------------------------------

We finished eating, not that the food was finished though. Because as stupid as I was, I ordered so many things, that some dishes weren't even touched.

And JongIn simply handed the waitress his black card.

Guess it was useless ordering expensive stuff beforehand, because he obviously DOES have the money. And here I was, just as the stupid person I am, was thinking he'd feel troubled for paying a good amount of money.