Chapter 20

Chapter 20

MaeRi's POV

I went out of the bathroom with HeeJin following not far behind me. After our little conversation, we decided I should act natural for today and not let him suspect anything, and that we'll start our little plan after we discuss it in much details.

I gotta admit I cried a little in the bathroom and my eyes got even puffier. HeeJin hid it well with make-up but it was somehow still obvious to me, she said it was fine so I went with it.

I was walking with HeeJin to find KyungSoo and JongIn. I followed HeeJin and we met KyungSoo, they talked and laughed for a while, but I was spacing out enough to not hear or notice what they were talking about. We reached the bench I and JongIn were sitting at. JongIn was indeed still there, waiting for me I suppose. 

He stood up as he saw us approaching. He walked towards me and grinned widely.

I faked a small smile.

I suppose I was overthinking that I wasn't even connected to the real world, because I almost jumped out of my spot when I saw that JongIn's hands were on my forehead "Are you sick? Do you feel bad? You look tired.. Your eyes are puffy, you don't seem to have a fever.. " He took his hands off and eyed me worriedly. "But you don't seem fine either, come, I'll take you home" He grabbed my hand and dragged me with him, I looked back at KyungSoo and HeeJin who were just standing still. I was confused to why they didn't say anything, but Then HeeJin sent me an encouraging smile. I guess she wants me to handle things on my own for now.

 I sighed loudly. I snatched my hand away from his which stopped him from walking, he turned around and faced me. I averted his gaze "It's okay, I'll just go home on my own, I can take a Taxi" I sighed and started to walk away.

He grabbed my wrist and walked closer to me.

"Tell me what's wrong!" He looked deeply into my eyes and his tone was serious.

"Nothing" I replied coldly shrugging his hands off.

"You weren't like this before you went to meet HeeJin! Tell me, did something happen?" His eyes were full of concern and I could see it. But I also hated it.

 "I'm ok-" I started but he cut me off.

"Don't lie, your eyes look the same as this morning, which means you cried again, what happened? Is it because of me? Did I do something wrong?" He asked with pleading eyes.

I was taken aback by his sudden care and concern, which proved every word HeeJin said was true, he is on to something! I couldn't explain it.. It felt as if someone stabbed me in the back and betrayed me. I was actually starting to like him! But then here he was, just playing around with me!!

I remembered HeeJin's words "The best way to take revenge on a man, is to break his heart" I decided to not let the plan fail and just keep on the act.

I threw out the biggest smile I could manage to fake. "You didn't do anything, JongIn-ssi, I'm just really tired and need to rest, I don't want to trouble you, so I'll just call a cab" I said still smiling like a maniac.

He sighed heavily "Come, I'll drive you home" He said as he held my wrist and kept walking, dragging me behind him.

We arrived at the car, he opened the back seat door and put in the bear which I hadn't noticed he's been holding all along. He then held the front door open for me and signalled for me to get in.

I sat in and he closed the door. He turned around and sat in the driver's seat.

 Before he started the car, he leaned closer and bent over me, our bodies were close.. But only for seconds as he took the seat belt and pulled it over me, then quickly moved back to his seat.

---------------------------------

A/N: I know it's super short, but I'm holding some long chapters for you guys soon, so don't stop reading this story just yet! I also might not be able to update soon, my final exam's in two weeks.. so.. You know what I'm saying kkkk! Anyway, Vote and comment telling me what you think! Thank you!