Halloween Cookies (Janey X Reader)

Ooooohhh, after that Holiday guess what happens in my house?! The Christmas Tree goes up because I'm a total sucker for pretty lights and wrapping paper :'D A shame I know, it's not even Thanksgiving yet, but my apartment is dull.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The best thing about October was the last day of the month. Halloween was one of your favorite holidays of the year, besides (favorite holiday).  Scary movies, candy, pumpkin carving and baking Halloween cookies, which is what you were doing today with your best friend.  Janey had everything set up on the table; the flour, the milk, an egg, vanilla extract, the roller and the cookie cutters. It was going to be a fun day, hopefully Janey didn't eat all the cookie dough before you made the damn things.

You grabbed your apron and tied it around your neck and waist. Janey began mixing the ingredients into the bowl, there was an episode of My Haunted House playing on the tv to set the spooky mood.  You dug out the sprinkles from the cabinet and put them on the table.  Next you dug out the platter that you always made sweets on and wiped it off with your sleeve.

"This look good?"  Janey asked, her accent making you smile.  You leaned over to look into the bowl to observe the dough.

"Maybe a smudge more of milk."

She then began to pour just a bit enough milk until she started mixing again.  Once Janey was done and had the dough sticky enough and placed the bowl on the table.

"Since I mixed you can spread it out."

"Sure.  Get some flour ready, don't want this to constantly stick to the roller."

Janey then took a scoop full of flour and spread it evenly on the platter, you then slapped some of the dough on it and began to flatten it partially with your hand.  Then you began rolling over it with the rolling pin to smooth it down so that there was a big enough space for the cookie cutters to fit into.  Once that was flattened down, you and Janey began dipping the cutters into floor for that the dough wouldn't stick to them, and then the two of you began pressing them into the dough.  There was a cat, a ghost, a pumpkin and a bat that would soon be decorated by orange and black sprinkles.

It wasn't very often that you and your best friend had time to do something like this.  Most of the time you were both at the garage helping Janey with her bike, which was to be a gift for her lover Athena.  Most of the time you barely had time to relax and enjoy yourselves, there was always someone wanting something fixed, and as a mechanic you couldn't ignore the request. 

But since the garage was closed for the day, Janey brought up a good idea to make Halloween cookies since it wold be here at the start of that Saturday.  She even turned on a scary movie to set the mood, there were cute designs stuck on the windows and you even set up little stuffed dolls and lights to make your apartment more alive for that time of the year.

"Gah, I've got flour all over me."  You hear Janey say beside you.  You look over at your friend and see her hands and arms covered with white powder, and you couldn't help but giggled a little when you saw some of it on her face.

"What?"  She said, her brows furrowed.  You just shook your head and continued to chuckle softly.

"Why are you laughing (y/n)?"  She asked you again.  "Do I have something on my face?!"

"No; what makes you say that?"  You say.

But then Janey went to wipe her face, and when she rubbed her cheeks she felt something on her hands and then looked down at them.  There in the palm of her hands and on her fingers was white flour; how the hell did it get there?

"Why didn't you tell me?!"  Janey exclaimed as she playfully punched your arm.  You began to laugh as you continued rolling out more dough.

"I don't know, just wanted to see how long you realized you had flour on your face."

Janey then dipped her hand in the flour jar and quickly smacked your face off to the side with her hand.  Being as quick as she was you never had time to react to it, soon your found yourself surrounded by a light cloud of white and your hair was now a light shade of grey.  You coughed a couple of times to get rid of the stuff from your mouth, then you glared over at Janey who was back to using the cookie cutters, but you could see her sly smile on her face.

You then went to grab a handful of flour from the jar to throw back at her.  It was war now.

Janey bolted around the table as she saw you reach for the powder, covering her head as she ran.  You threw the flour at her and got most of her back.  The two of your continued to circle the table and throw flour at each other, laughing and giggling the whole time.  It had been a while since the two of you had laughed like this, you were always in the garage fixing up machinery and never having any time to do stuff like this.  Well except the flour fight, that wasn't planned but the cookie making was, which was probably ruined by now.

Eventually the jar was empty, and the two of you stood there in the kitchen looking around.  Every counter and cupboard was white, the cookies were now over dosed with the ingredients, and both of you looked like ghosts.

"What a bloody mess we made, eh?"  Janey said as she smiled over to you.

"No shit.  You're the one who started it!"

Both of you laughed as you playfully hit her arm.

"Help me clean up.  We still need to make these cookies."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A little quickie before Halloween :D  Hope you enjoyed :)