0.9

I turned around to see Luke with two red solo cups with some alcoholic beverage in them. I smiled at him and took one from him, bringing it up to my lips a citric smell filled my senses. I took a big gulp and felt the burn travel down my throat, my nose scrunched slightly but I was mostly used to it, having to drink wine or champagne at my parents fancy dinner parties. Luke on the other hand was downing his drink like no tomorrow.
"Are you driving me home?" I asked worriedly.
"Yeah don't worry, I won't have any more." He smiled gently at me, "I wouldn't want my pretty little kitten to get hurt."
I blushed hard and looked down at my feet. Luke wrapped his arm around my shoulders and pulled me into him. He ducked his head down and whispered into my ear;
"You know all the guys here are watching you."
"That's only because I'm with you." I retorted.
"No it's not, you're absolutely stunning you know, they're all jealous that you're with me and not with them."
"That's not true and you know it Luke."
"You should stop putting yourself down, princess."
I scoffed and drank the rest of my drink. I checked my phone and was surprised to see how late it was, 03:45. We had been at this party for ages, I tugged at Luke's sleeve and informed him that he would have to drop me off at home shortly.
"Oh come on Mango," he whined, "Don't be such a party pooper."
"I told you before we left I had to be home at a reasonable time." I debated with my eyebrows furrowed.
"You dot seriously expect me to leave now right?" He asked, his speech slightly slurred. I looked down to his left hand and gasped when I saw another half full cup. I then realised Luke had drunk a lot more than one cup of beer. I shrugged out of under his arm and walked off to the surrounding trees with Luke slurring behind me to come back. I started running deeper into the brush of the park with tears rolling down my cheeks leaving black streams of mascara. I pushed trough until I had run out of breath and I leaned against a close by tree. Trying to slow down my breathing by taking long deep breaths I calmed myself down slowly. I shook my head, how could I have been so stupid? Did I really think Luke cared about me? I should have listened to Anna. God, I was such a naive little girl. I wiped my eyes and cheeks and tried to make myself look as presentable as possible, when suddenly I heard a noise. Leaves and sticks crunching under footsteps, my breath hitched in my throat and I shut my eyes hoping it was just a couple from the party going to do God knows what in the bushes. I was about to scream when a hand was placed on my shoulder and I heard Ashton's soothing voice.
"Are you alright?" I looked up at him and nodded, still sniffling slightly.
"Yeah, everything's fine."
"Well it doesn't look like that, Mango."
"It's just I have no way of getting home, I left my purse at my house."
"Well that's no problem. I'll just give you a ride home. I haven't drank, I promise." He grinned down at me.
"Thank you Ashton, you're a life saver."
"Always happy to help, especially a damsel in distress."
"Haha, I guess so."
We walked through the park and out of the other side, he opened the door of his humble car and smiled;
"I'm sorry about the state of it, my pay checks have been used up in clothes an books lately."
"You work?" I asked surprised.
"Yeah, at Luigi's Pizza Palace."
"Oh I've seen it when I go to town, I've never eaten there though."
"I'll have to invite you some time, employee's discount and all." He chuckled.
"Yeah I'd like that."
We sat in comfortable silence for the rest of the ride, until I interrupted it by saying;
"It's a left here, at the end of the road."
"Wow, this neighbourhood sure is fancy."
"Yeah, my parents like to live big."
He pulled up into my driveway and I was happy to see all the lights off, which meant my parents still weren't home.
"I'm glad I found you in the park." He turned to me after turning off the car engine.
"I am too." I smiled, "Thank you, again, for saving me."
"It's no problem really."
"Goodnight."
"See you in school, yeah?"
"Yeah."
"Sweet dreams, Mango."
"Goodbye, Ashton."

[not edited]
Oh oh Luke is being bad :/
What do you think of this chapter? It kinda sucks I know :/
Anyways this chapter is dedicated to @serene_15 the only person that commented on the last chapter.

Please vote and comment as it could mean that the next chapter is dedicated to you!

~I know it's hard to escape the past and start it again
Those memories of all the future hearts you've killed~