Sam swallowed hard and licked her lips that suddenly went dry. She shook her head and tried to erase the images inside her head but they stubbornly lingered there. She was annoyed when she remembered touching his muscular arms and chest and how well her body responded to his every touch. Her spine tingled when he kissed her lips and every part of her body. And she couldn't describe the feeling of love toward Luke, which she carefully guarded, that had suddenly burst into the air, or which level of heaven she was when the moment struck.  

She also recalled that she was the one who started the whole thing and she groaned.  

"Stupid Sam," she cursed under her breath. 

But he told you he loves you, her conscience started making some noises in her head. 

"He lied." Sam sighed heavily. 

He said he was sorry. And do you remember how many times he said he loved you? How gentle he was toward you? How he spooned you all night long? Sam shuddered, her eyes suddenly wet.

***

Luke paced inside his bedroom. It has been three days since Sam left the house. His hands rubbed his black wavy hair then clenched it into a fist. He approached the wall and punched it. God, he missed her terribly! He sighed and sat on the edge of his bed. He tried to call but she never answered the phone. He left dozens of messages in her voice mail, even to the hotel where she used to stay when she visited the Melbourne branch, but he never got a call back from her. The only time she spoke to him was through a text message, telling him that she was flat out and will talk when she got back. He gritted his teeth, stood up, and raised both hands to the air in frustration. "That's it, I am flying to Melbourne!"

***

Luke stood nervously inside the lift. His fingertips were white from clutching the flower bouquet too tight. It was seven in the morning. He knew he was too early but he didn't care. He couldn't take it anymore. He missed her too much, and he was determined to make amends for his mistakes. He decided that he would tell her how he felt and beg her to come home with him.

The lift's door opened with a soft ping. He walked slowly to room number 524. He winced and remembered that he had to use his charm to the receptionist downstairs to get Sam's room number.  

Luke reached the room in no time. He smoothened his shirt and raised his hand to knock softly. No answer. He knocked again louder, and soon he heard footsteps approaching the door. He smiled, expecting Sam's sleepy face appearing behind the door, but soon his smile faded when he heard a male voice telling someone that he will get the door. A second later he was greeted by a grumpy Manuel in his robe. His hair was dripping wet, and his robe was half opened, showing his broad chest. He looked like he wanted to attack Luke for disturbing his shower, but as soon as he saw him standing there with his mouth open, he smiled. "Oh, good morning, handsome." He raised his eyebrows, staring at the forgotten bouquet, which almost fell on the floor. 

"Is Sam here?" Luke asked. He was relieved to hear his own calm voice. 

"Nope, she left five minutes ago to jog. She'll be back in half an hour. Do you want to come in? I'll make you some coffee." Manuel took a step aside, unblocking the door, oblivious with Luke's uneasiness. 

"No thanks, just tell her I came by." Luke gave him the bouquet and left, feeling defeated.

*** 

Ten days later. 

It was late in the evening when Sam arrived at the Russo residence. She was tired and sleepy. She walked into her bedroom carefully and was worried that she would wake Luke up, but she found the bed empty with a yellow envelope on it. She put down her suitcase and opened the envelope. Her heart stopped beating for a few seconds, and she could literally feel her blood drain from her face when she read the document in her hand. It was divorce paperwork.