She had to stop here and there to accept praises from some guests, finished a few more glasses of champagne, and talked to some girls who wanted her to design their gowns before finally breaking herself free. 

She sighed and walked to the corner of the room. 

"Hi, you were amazing. I didn't know you can sing." Luke, who waited for her patiently in the corner of the hall, touched her arm gently when she approached him,. 

"Ah, I didn't see you there. Yes, I used to sing in weddings when I was in uni, that was the only decent income I could get." Sam smiled, relieved to see him 

"And you looked great up there." He played with Sam's hair, which had fallen down to the side of her cheek. His eyes darkened, his voice deep and husky. "You're very believable, I thought you were talking to me through your song." 

"I was." She couldn't believe what she had just said. This is the champagne talking, she said inside her head, cursing herself. 

Luke grabbed her waist and pulled her closer to him. "Really?" he asked, hoping. 

"Really," she answered, her hands circling his neck and she looked up into his eyes. She couldn't control herself this time, seeing Luke staring at her with those brown eyes made her want to surrender to him and feel his intoxicating kiss one more time. 

Luke brought his head down as if he wanted to kiss Sam but he stopped when it was just barely touching her lips. 

"Be careful with Lombardi, he's a womanizer," he said. 

"I know," Sam said, disappointed. 

"I don't think you do, Sam. He was all over you for the last ten minutes. He undressed you with his eyes, it's not nice, you're someone else's wife." 

"But I am still wearing my dress, aren't I?" Sam said, annoyed with Luke's change of mood. 

"I know, I am just worried."  

"I'll be fine, Luke, don't be jealous." Sam smiled, her hands still circling his neck possessively. 

"Am I?" Luke raised his eyebrows, amused with her boldness. 

"I think so," Sam said. 

"You're drunk, Sam." He sniffed her breath.  

"What are you going to do about it?" Sam challenged. She brought her face closer until her nose touched his. 

"I think I will take you home," Luke replied and took a deep breath, trying to calm himself down. 

"And do what?" Sam asked and tilted her head to the side with a seducing smile.  

"And tuck you in bed so you can have a rest and enjoy the hangover tomorrow." Luke pulled his head away from hers, trying to restrain himself from kissing her. 

"Ah, you're being boring," she said. 

"What do you want to do then?" Luke asked. This is the first time Luke saw her drunk. She was always in control and she never drank more than a glass of champagne at every party. She knew she has low tolerance to alcohol. 

"I want you to." she hiccupped. 

"Okay, that's it. Come on, let's go." Luke circled his hand around her waist and guided her slowly exiting the hall. 

Sam fell asleep in the car and Luke had to carry her to their bedroom upstairs. 

He was in a dilemma of taking off her gown so she could sleep more comfortably but risk getting a slap in his face the next day or just to leave her in it. He sighed and decided to do the first option, he didn't want Sam to have a hangover and feel pain all over her body for staying in her tight cocktail gown the whole night. 

He slowly unzipped her gown and he quickly closed his eyes when he saw her red lingerie underneath it. It was one that he bought for her for the first time. He smiled, satisfied that Sam actually liked his choice. Slowly he took off the gown and left Sam in her undergarments. "This is going to be a long night." He sighed. He then loosened her hairpin to let her hair down freely, laid her down on the bed, took her high heels off, and massaged her feet for a while when he saw the red skin around her toes and ankles. He then covered her with the blanket. 

He lay down and about to close his eyes when he heard her talk. 

"Am I that unattractive?" Sam murmured beside him. She turned her head toward him and stared at him with glazed eyes. 

Luke frowned. "What?"  

"Am I not pretty enough for you so you didn't even want to touch me?" she slurred. Tears came out from her eyes. 

Luke turned to his side and wiped her tears with his fingers, "Don't be silly, Sam, you're beautiful." 

"But it's not enough, is it?" She smiled bitterly. 

"I am very attracted to you, but you're drunk, and I can't take advantage of you, Sam." Luke took a deep breath; his fingers still lingered on her cheek and traced her smooth jawline. 

"I am very attracted to you too." She took his hand and kissed it. 

Luke's heart skipped a beat; he stared at her intently. He wanted to believe what she said was true, but he also expected her to laugh or punch him lightly on his shoulder, to show him that she was just teasing him. But Sam didn't do any of those. She touched his lips instead and purred, "You know, you're a good kisser." She moved closer, touched his cheek so tenderly, then kissed his lips. Luke closed his eyes and responded to her kiss before he tasted alcohol in her breath and pulled away. 

He groaned. "Please, don't do this," he begged. 

"I thought you wanted me?" Sam asked, her eyes confused. 

"I want you so badly, Sam, you don't know how much I want to make love to you every night. But you're not yourself right now. You will hate me if I do this to you." He sounded desperate. 

"I won't hate you. I love you." Sam kissed him again. This time she brought herself on top of him and pinned him down.  

Luke groaned again and tried to push her away, but her kisses and touches were stronger than his will. He knew Sam would be disappointed and she would hate him in the morning, but oh god, he wanted her. He wanted her so much. 

Finally, he closed his eyes and surrendered. He enfolded her tightly and started to kiss her back. Sam moaned in pleasure when he touched her waist, encouraging him to bring his hand up to her breast. She shivered at the touch and pulled away from his lips then started to drop kisses along his jaw and neck. Her fingers traced his upper arms down to his chest. 

Luke brought his hands to her back and unhooked her lingerie. He rolled her down and placed himself on top of her. He stood on his arms and gazed at his wife in admiration, before bringing his face down to kiss her, taste her more . . .