"Is that your Mom? I never seen her in person, she's gorgeous," Sam said in a low voice. 

"Yeah." 

"No wonder," Sam mumbled. 

"What?" Luke turned his head looking at her curiously. 

"Hey, you two, what are you doing here?" Tony was standing in the doorway holding the door knob. 

"Hi, Dad. I just saw Mom walk in so I want to say hi." Luke straightened his body and looked embarrassed. 

"Luke, honey . . . ," came a voice behind Tony's back. Anna extended her hand toward her son. She was a beautiful looking lady in her fifties with olive skin, brown almond eyes, and a long black hair trimmed perfectly behind her back. She dressed beautifully, following the fashion trend of this year. Her high heels made her legs looked longer and slimmer. She wore dark eye shadows and mascara to make her already beautiful eyes stand out more. Her full lips looked moist and slightly swollen from kissing her husband.  

Luke hugged his mom warmly and stayed like that for a while. 

They finally broke up and Anna looked at Sam in admiration. "Is this Sam? I've heard so much about you. It's so strange that I've never met you for the last three years. I guess I was too busy working overseas. I am sorry I didn't come to your wedding . . ." She trailed off and looked up to Tony for help. He smiled and touched her shoulder signaling her that everyone understood about her absence. 

"It's okay, Mrs. Rus-"  

"Oh, honey, call me Anna. I am so glad to finally meet my gorgeous daughter-in-law. Come here," she cut Sam off and gave her a warm hug. 

"Luke, can I steal your wife for lunch? I am starving. Do you want to have lunch with me, honey? We have a lot to talk about." She looked at Sam and smiled brightly. Sam nodded. 

"Sure, Mom, I'll stay here with Dad. We still have a few things to discuss." Luke beamed. 

Anna then kissed Tony on his lips passionately and left him startled. She walked away holding Sam's hand. Luke laughed at Sam's confused expression and waved at her. "Have fun."

"Has my son treated you right, sweetheart?" Anna asked, sipping her coffee. They were sitting in a fancy café close to the Russos' headquarters. 

"Yes, he takes care of me," Sam answered honestly. 

"Good. I am glad that you're happy with him." She smiled, satisfied. "I am so happy that he found you. He's been lonely since Alicia left him seven years ago." 

Sam frowned. "What happened?" 

Anna was startled for a while, and then she clasped her hand on her mouth. "Oh, he didn't tell you?" 

Sam shook her head. 

"That is so my boy, very private, rarely shares anything with anyone. Alicia was his first crush, when they were in uni. They went out for about a year, and she left him for another man. Luke was brokenhearted and never had a girlfriend until he met you. " 

"For four years?"  

Anna smiled at Sam's astonishment and cupped her cheek. "He has a very gentle soul and always feels insecure. He doesn't fall in love easily, but when he does, he'll devote his life to her. I may not be around him a lot, but I am his mother. I know him well. And I know he loves you, Sam."  

"Yeah, I know he does." Sam let her guard down and grinned happily. She couldn't help herself for feeling flattered but also a little bit sad as Anna's judgment about her son's feeling toward her was wrong.