Chapter 36 - Does It Bother You?

Start from the beginning

"Dimitri, let go of my hand." I said, my voice coming out quiet and shakier than I had expected.

He slowly let go before turning to my dress and pulling it out from where it was stuck. I took that as my chance and started to stand up but the pain in my ankle really hit me once I was halfway up, causing me to lose my footing and fall forward into Dimitri's arms.

I groaned in annoyance as I tried to get away from him but it was too hard in my dress, and with my ankle throbbing as well. "Give up yet?" He asked, causing my anger to flare.

"Don't talk to me!" I snapped feeling Dimitri's warm breath against my cheek, causing me to move away slightly. Just then, Dimitri decided to get up off the floor with me held bridal style in his arms. I let out a small squeal in surprise as he did so.

"Put me down, Dimitri!" I yelled, pushing at his shoulders.

"Why are you so angry at me?" He asked, as he started walking, tightening his hold as I kept struggling.

"Are you seriously going to ask me that?" I exclaimed in disbelief. "Like are you freaking kidding me? You humiliated me in front of everyone, Dimitri! And did you forget how you were ignoring me the whole damn night, flirting with every single female in sight?But then as soon as I finally decide to socialize, you decide to come and ruin it all by..." I trailed off, my cheeks blushing at the thought of him kissing my neck. "Everyone probably thinks I'm your whore or something!" I exclaimed.

"No one thinks that." Dimitri spoke up after a few moments of silence between us.

"How would you know Dimitri? You can't read minds! And besides, it obviously seemed like I was, since you were going around flirting with everyone and then I let you... do that... afterwards. I'm not some whore Dimitri! I'm not like those girls! I'm not someone you can just use and throw away whenever you like! So stop thinking me equal to them!" I exclaimed in anger.

"I know you're not some whore!" Dimitri exclaimed, him being the one sounding angry now. "I would never think of you as an equal to them. I would never do that."

"Yeah because you think I'm even lower of worth than them." I retorted back, causing Dimitri to abruptly stop. I knew he was glaring down at me even though I couldn't see him. His whole body felt tense in anger and he had tightened his grip on me.

"Do you really think I'd be here with you right now if I thought of you as lower than them? Do you?" He demanded angrily. "No, I wouldn't have been. I wouldn't have given two shits about you if I thought you lower of worth than them! But I came, didn't I?"

I stayed quiet as he continued carrying me to a couch before setting me down. I felt him kneel in front of me and take my ankle in his hand, removing my heels. I felt a slight bit of pain as he moved my foot around. "Your ankle seems fine, just a little bruised. You shouldn't wear those heels." He said still sounding pissed as he began removing the heels from my other foot as well. I moved my bruised foot and found it didn't hurt when I wasn't wearing anything on it.

"One second, let me find you something comfier and less tight to wear on your feet." He said before I felt his presence leave me. He soon came back with a comfy pair of slippers that didn't hurt my feet at all when I wore them.

A few moments of silence befell us before Dimitri broke it by asking me if I wanted to go back to the party. "No." I immediately said, really not wanting to.