I shook my head and I was brought back to the present. "But, that didn't stop us. As hard as they tried, they couldn't beat us down. Since coach Jen was let go, the varsity team was self-run by the players. And now you are all a part of it. And I am beyond happy to welcome you all to our soccer family."

The girls all clapped, while my team members whooped and hollered. Boy, were they about to get angry with me. I lifted up the papers on my clipboard where the letter I received.

"Unfortunately,-" I started, quieting the girls, and getting curious glances from my team mates. "-I was informed this morning that they are switching the girls soccer season back to the spring like it had been before it was changed five years ago."

"What does that mean?" A freshman girl with curly orange hair asked.

"That means we don't have any games until the spring." I clarified.

That's when the uproar began. Questions were shot at me from every angle, while my team mates spat a few choice words. But this was all to be expected. I let them rage for a good five minutes before I silenced them.

"Okay, okay, everybody calm down. I was just as pissed as you were this morning when I received the letter this morning, but a good friend of mine brought up a really good point. Now we have more time to prepare, more time to practice, and more time to become a better team. Plus, it gives you all more time to bond with your team mates, because we all know that there is nothing worse than a team that can't communicate." I pointed.

"But what's the point of even practicing yet. Its only October and the spring season doesn't start until, what? March?" A girl in the front row said, I believe her name was Julia or Julie the one with a hot temper.

"I know where you're coming from, but this just gives us time to prepare. All of us have something we can improve on and this gives us more time to do so."

"But if we don't have any games until March, than what's the point?" she shot back.

I didn't really hesitate my response. "That's not true. We will be having scrimmages against each other, and in November, before it gets too cold, we'll have a scrimmage against the boys' team. During this time period everyone will have the ability to move to the JV team, or Varsity team, or even be moved down JV or freshman for those of you who are not putting in the effort. This will be a learning time, and will give us enough time to become the best there is."

That shut her up. And before long the Kimmie stood up, "I think that's a great idea!"

"So do I!" Jasmine said as she stood up. Before I knew it, my whole team had backed me up, leaving the new comers a little less likely to question it again.

"Awesome! So if there's no more questions, let's start practice."

.

.

.

When I got home I was shocked to find Dylan sitting on my door step. He had a grey beanie on and a black jacket. He was sitting there, doodling?

"What are you doing here?" I asked as I walked up to unlock my door. When he stood up I noticed the box next to him.

I groaned and leaned my head on my door, "Please don't tell me that's more wedding stuff."

"You guessed it." He said, as he followed me inside.

"Rough day?" he asked as he placed the box down on my kitchen table.

"That's putting it mildly. Plus, I'm so sick of this wedding stuff." I said lifting up a scrap book, before dropping it back in the box.

Dylan chuckled, pulling his beanie off and throwing it on the table next to his sketch book. "Isn't the bride supposed to be the one who loves planning this stuff?"