Girl's Day

It was early Sunday morning and I was busily organizing my notes from yesterday as Bryce went on telling me about his current struggles with his school work. Bryce had texted me last night asking if we could skype this morning before he had to start on his projects. I, of course, agreed.

"So with all of these stupid projects being due the same day, I'm just losing my mind!" Bryce complained in his morning groggy voice.

"Well I know you can do it. You are the great Bryce after all." I joked.

Bryce chuckled and ran a hand through his hair. "So how are you doing? How is the team coming together?"

I sighed, "It's coming along. I had a meeting with the boy's team yesterday to hear their opinions and today I'm meeting with my team... If I'm being honest, I'm freaking out. I want to do what's best for the team, but I'm worried I'm going to screw it up..."

"Summer, listen to me when I say this. You are the best thing that has happened to the girls' soccer team. You've been keeping this team above water, and the fact that there is still a girls' soccer team at our high school is all thanks to you. I have faith you can do it." Bryce said with that a smile.

"Thanks babe. I-" I was cut off by my doorbell ringing.

"Who the hell is ringing my doorbell at 7:30 in the morning?!" I said under my breath. I waited for a second, hoping the person would go away, but that didn't happen. The doorbell rang again and I groaned. "Hold on Bryce."

I walked down stairs and looked through the peep hole. Bryce's mom stood at the other side carrying a few boxes.

"Damnit!" I said under my breath, throwing open the door with a fake smile plastered on my face.

"Mrs. Cavanagh! What a surprise." (A.N. I changed Bryce's last name to Cavanagh: Pronounced Cav- uh-naw)

"Hi sweetie! Sorry to come over unexpected, but Bryce told me you two have a sense of when you want the wedding! Soooo, I brought over some things that we can start going through and figuring out, like flowers, colors, fine china, invitation styles, and so much more!" She said, letting herself in.

"Actually Mrs. Cavanagh, my team is coming over this afternoon to discuss our new team rosters, and-"

"Oh Summer, your just like Bryce. Involved with that game all the time. Don't worry though, I won't take up much time today." She told me, as she began to unpack the boxes.

I eyed her with irritation before finally saying, "Okay, let me just go get my phone in case anyone calls..." I run upstairs quickly and into my room. Bryce was still on Skype, waiting patiently, tossing his ball in the air.

"Sorry, babe, I have to go. Your mom's here."

He dropped his ball and quickly looked at the camera with shock, "What? Why?"

"Oh, something about helping me plan our wedding."

"Oh..." he tailed off.

"Yeah."

"I'm sorry I can't be there to help you out more. But I swear I'm going to give you input on everything." He promised.

"I know you will Bryce. I'll talk to you soon. Love you."

"I love you too." He said before I ended the call. I was getting ready to head down stairs when I notice a very sleepy Britney with a very awake Alice standing in my doorway. Alice was waving her hands around while Brit held a bottle to her mouth.

"Did you know Bryce's mother is in your dining room setting up her wedding planning business?" Brit said as she stifled a yawn.

"I did. I was just heading back down there." I informed her.