As I let go I said: ''You saved Hybrid Theory for me.'' I grinned.

She giggled. ''Yeah that wasn't easy, though. I think I screamed at your mom for like twenty minutes. I don't think she's really happy with me.''

I laughed. ''you think so?''

''Yeah weird huh?'' She said sarcastically. ''Oh btw, Jaime called. He asked if we wanted to come to Mike's new years eve party this saturday.''

Of course Mike was throwing a party again. I didn't really feel like going though. The last party didn't end well for me. ''I don't know, C...''

''Oh c'mon.'' She said as she grabbed my shoulders and shook me back and forward. ''I really want to go. I can only stay here until Monday and I want to see the boys again.''

Casey was never the biggest party animal either, so I was surprised that she was this enthusiast about it. I mean, when she was at a party she was the life of the party, but she'd rather stay home and watch a movie.

Then it hit me. ''Casey, does this have anything to do with a certain boy called Michael Christopher Fuentes?'' I said and I winked at her.

She turned all red and put her hands in front of her face. ''Maybe...'' she said peaking through her fingers at me.

''OH MY GOD CASEY YOU HAVE A CRUSH.'' I screamed imitating her voice.

She let her hands drop and shot me an annoyed look. ''Shut up, Luna.''

''Don't try to deny it. You're all red.'' I poked in her cheek.

''Okay well crush is a strong word, but he is a potter head, Luna! A potter head! And he's hot as fuck.'' She said smiling like a fool.

I rolled my eyes. She definitely had a crush on him. I knew my best friend. I liked it, though. Casey might be the only girl who could actually handle Mike. I did need to have a serious chat with the lad, though. I'd kill him if he broke her heart.

''And by the way. New years eve is a great excuse to kiss him. According to tradition you have to kiss someone at midnight. I just might be 'accidently' near him.''

She winked at me and I laughed.

But what if I used that excuse too? Not on Mike of course, but on Vic. It would be the perfect way to figure out how I feel about him without actually telling him.

Of course it would be super awkward, but I could just tell him that he was the only one near me at that moment.

''Okay then, let's go.'' I said. I hoped he would be home then.

Casey's POV

The sound of electric guitars filled my ears at December 31th 2000. Around me people were dancing and drinking. It was about half past eleven and I knew I had to find Mike in this crowd soon.

I know, it was stupid of me to kiss a guy who lives at the other side of the world, but I wasn't looking for a relationship anyway. He was just so damn attractive, I at least needed to try.

Luna had just gone to the bathroom, but I knew that she was looking for Vic instead. I wasn't stupid, I had known my best friend for a damn long time and I knew very well that she felt something for Vic. That day in the bus she was constantly blushing and smiling like a fool whenever he said something.

I hoped she could figure herself out and get together with him. He was a good guy and he might be just what she needed. He made her happy.

Then I saw Mike standing at the other side of the room. He saw me too and smiled at me. Butterflies went crazy in my stomach. Damn he was hot.