Jealousy And Beyond

Start from the beginning

"Go to the hospital and talk to his doctor, he'll tell you everything."

"Fine."

He lowered his head again and I stalked out of the room, slamming the door behind me. As soon as I was outside, a wave of guilt rose up in me. I had blamed Joey for everything, but I was the one who'd refused to believe in Joel. I was the one who'd agreed to help humiliate him in front of the whole school and even after he'd nearly killed himself I still refused to believe him . . . I'd made the decision to use Joey as a replacement . . . and it would be me who was going to put the final nail in my own coffin, destroying even the slightest chance that Joel would forgive me. Feeling tired and heavy, I started the short walk to the hospital. Even if I could never be with Joel anymore, I still wanted to know what had happened to make him lose our baby. As soon as I entered the hospital, Joel's scent hit me, along with another familiar one that I couldn't place. I made my way to Joel's room, freezing outside the door when I saw him hugging another guy, who smiled down at him lovingly.

"Thank you for everything, Dillon. I never could have done this without you."

"So they're letting you out?"

"Yeah, since I opened up about everything and they're convinced that I won't do anything stupid, I get to go home."

"Then we need to have a party to celebrate."

"Yep, just you, my mom, Dr Williams, your parents, Jefferson and me."

"You're really not going to forgive your brother and your mate?"

"I no longer have a brother or mate. I want nothing to do with either of them."

The guy sitting beside his bed let out a sigh, but didn't argue with him, instead changing the subject.

"I checked while you were sleeping, I think the silver has left your system."

"I do have more energy now and my wounds are healing more quickly."

"Are . . . Are you still afraid? I mean they never caught the person that hurt you."

"I think I'll always be afraid, not of him, but that even if he was caught it won't change anything . . . I'll always be used and dirty . . . I'll always be the weak and helpless pup that was unable to fight back even to protect those closest to me."

"You're wrong, Joel. You're many things, but weak is definitely not one of them."

A weak laugh left Joel's mouth and a look of confusion crossed his face, that I'm sure matched the one that crossed mine.

"It's so funny, you barely know me, yet you've been giving me more strength than most of the people closest to me."

"That's what friends are for."

Joel smiled at him, before his eyes started to close.

"I'll see you tomorrow at school."

Joel nodded slightly before he fell into a deep sleep. The guy smiled softly, standing up and kissing Joel's forehead, before making his way out of the room. As soon as he got near me, he froze, staring at me emotionlessly.

"What are you doing near my mate?"

"I___________."

"Are you trying to steal him from me? Do you think I'll allow you to touch him?"

"We're just friends, Alpha."

"Is that why you kissed him? Why you were hugging him when I came here? I know you could smell my scent nearby . . ..were you trying to make me angry?"