Twenty Six: Just Us

Start from the beginning

"She got me to quit smoking, I doubt any of you knew that. And she always was fun to laugh and joke with. She made me smile a lot and we helped each other through so many things that you guys wouldn't understand..." Zayn says taking a seat on Liam's other side and Harry sits on my opposite side, leaving only Louis left standing. 

For some reason I noticed that Louis got hit a lot harder than the rest of us by this. It might be because everyone sends Eleanor a lot of hate and since Lana's incident she's been getting worse, or it might simply be because of the bond they shared that none of us really understood. Louis simply sniffed into his microphone and plopped down next to Harry.

"It's been a little less than a year since we've been here but the last time we were here is the night I met Lana." I hear the band start to play the music for Moments and tears quickly reappear in my eyes. "And right now, where ever she is I hope that she can hear this song." 

Nobody moves as Liam starts to sing. 

"Shut the door

Turn the light off

I wanna be with you

I wanna feel your love

I wanna lay beside you

I cannot hide this

Even though I try

Heart beats harder

Time escapes me

Trembling hands touch skin

It makes this harder

And the tears stream down my face."

I feel it happen slowly, like it has every other show before this one, but I feel Liam's arm drape around my neck. I feel Harry's do the same as he starts to sing. 

"If we could only have this life

For one more day

If we could only turn back time."

And then we all sing and I can feel every inch of my heart clench in pain. 

"You know I’ll be

Your life

Your voice

Your reason to be

My love

My heart

Is breathing for this

Moment

In time

I’ll find the words to say

Before you leave me today.."

With tears streaming down my face I open my mouth and let it all out. After all it's like screaming and no one can hear you, except everyone in the arena can hear my pain now. 

"Close the door

Throw the key

Don’t wanna be reminded

Don’t wanna be seen

Don’t wanna be without you

My judgment's clouded

Like tonight's sky....."

My throat clenches as Louis starts to sing, barely able to sing himself. 

"Hands are silent

Voice is numb

Try to scream out my lungs

It makes this harder

And the tears stream down my face..."

Harry stiffens as I shake with a silent sob next to him and he starts to sing. 

"If we could only have this life

For one more day

If we could only turn back time..."

And then we all manage to stand up at the same time, although it wasn't planned, as we start to sing the chorus again. 

"You know I’ll be

Your life

Your voice

Your reason to be

My love

My heart

Is breathing for this

Moment

In time

I’ll find the words to say

Before you leave me today.."

Zayn poors all of his energy into this one solo because he knows its the only thing he can do for me right now. 

"Flashing lights in my mind

Going back to the time

Playing games in the street

Kicking balls with my feet

There’s a numb in my toes

Standing close to the edge

There’s a pile of my clothes

At the end of your bed

As I feel myself fall

Make a joke of it all..."

And we all start to sing the last bit of the song I see her. And I smile because she sees me too.

Lana lived, and she will for a long time. She was sent into rehab for 5 months and didn't think she would make it here tonight. But she did, and I knew she would. 

The boys clear the stage as she runs to me, but they keep singing. 

But my eyes are on her, she runs to me and I wait for her. I will always wait for her and only her. She crashes into me wrapping her arms around my neck and I hug her back. 

I kiss her on the lips gently then reach into my pocket, as the boys continue singing. The small velvet covered box I pull out is no surprise to them but it is to the other thousands of people watching us. The boys stop singing as I put my microphone to my lips and get down on one knee with the open velvet box in one hand. 

"Lana James. I love you now, and I will love you into the ends of time. We've been through a lot but I promise that I will never let anything else ever happen to you. Will you marry me?" I hear my proposal broadcast over the very large speakers and smile. 

The look in her beautiful blue eyes is incredible as she places a hand over her mouth and nods her head yes. I jump up and wrap my arms around her waist and lift her into the air and suddenly there is no one else in the whole world.

Just us.

-------------------------------------

Weeeeeeeew! Update! Hope you guys love it! don't forget to comment and vote and check out mine and @_bravery 's new story that is one @workout_larry ! It's called A Forbidden Love Story and it's a Larry fanfic ! Thanks you guys I love you all

-hals