Four: Surprise

Lana's P.O.V.

----3 weeks later----

"You know I love you right?" Aaron's voice and face flash through my mind.

It is the day of the funeral. I stiffly climb out of bed and walk into my bathroom and slowly turn on the shower. Then turn around to look in the mirror. My hair is a rats nest, and my blue eyes are faded to grey and my body looks even skinnier than it was the day Aaron died.

I step into my shower, quickly washing my hair, and my body and as I start to rub face wash onto my face I hear my mom knock on the door.

"We have to leave in an hour." She says through the door.

"Okay." I call back.

I slowly rinse my face off and step out of the warm shower and wrap myself in a fluffy orange towel. I walk over to my closet and pull out the black dress that I bought last week just for this occasion. I run my towel over my body once more and run it over my hair again to take a little more water out of it and then slowly slide into my tight, figure fitting, black mourning dress, that comes up to about halfway between my knee and thigh.

I step into the range of my full length mirror and smile a little. Aaron would like this dress. I think that's why I bought it because it's something he would appreciate.

I grab my comb from my vanity and face my mirror again. As soon as I have all the knots out, I take my hair dryer and dry it completely so it won't burn as I straighten it. I turn on my straightener and reach for some concealer to hide the bags under my eyes. As I apply the perfect amount of concealer and grey eye shadow, along with black eye liner my straightener beeps and I run it through my hair until every single strand is straight as a stick. I reach for a small elastic and take a small portion of hair and quickly fishtail braid it and tie it back. Then I go get shoes from my closet.

As my feet slide into my 4 inch black heels I can hear Aaron's voice in my head.

"Look at you, those heels make you look so grown up..." He whispers, and pulled me into a hug.

I look into the mirror again and there are already tears in my eyes. I reach for my make up remover and take off my eyeliner. Knowing that it should be waterproof, but not wanting to risk it. I take a deep breath and walk over to my jewelery box and open the bottom draw, which contains every cheesy or sweet piece of jewelery Aaron gave me, starting from when we were 12. I can't help but smile as I pick up the locket he gave me for my 16th birthday. It had pictures of us from one of the first weekends we spent together. We look so young. And the other picture was of us sleeping on my couch after school one day, shortly before he gave me the locket. My mom took it and I hated it at first but now I loved every picture I had ever taken with Aaron.

I clasped the locket around my neck and grab my long peatcoat from my closet and my black clutch and met my mom at the front door.

"Are you ready...?" She asks carefully.

I swallow the lump in my throat. "Yeah."

She takes my hand and we start the walk to the cemetery that is just a 20 minute walk from our house.

We walk in silence and I'm greatful for the quiet. It gives me some more time to remember...

We approach the small group of people that wait surrounding Aaron's casket.

Immediatly I start to cry.

"Lana, you're up..." My mother whispers to me.

Every ones attention falls to me as I walk up to the casket. I fold my hands across themselves and look down. Letting the tears come as I start to speak.