Chapter 12

"What took you so long, babe?" Lance asked concerned. All I could do was shake my head and fake a small smile. He didn't brother to question me again so we drive home silently while Riley slept.

Later that night, 4:07 a.m. to be exact, I couldn't sleep. I looked at my husband noticing he was knocked out asleep. I got up and checked on Riley, he's such a good kid. I couldn't ask for a better family. I left his room after a few minutes and went to the kitchen. I got out a mug and made myself some warm tea. It was autumn, my favorite of all four seasons, I stared outside and all I could see were the street lights because of how late it was. "Renae," a hand touched my shoulder. I jumped out of my seat and onto the floor, luckily my tea wasn't in my hands. The figure helped me up, my hand in his. I let go and looked up at his face. Daniel. Daniel hurt me in high school, slammed me against the lockers and left marks on my wrist. Thank god Adam was there for me. "You thought I was Derrick didn't you? Well Derrick isn't here now," he grabbed my arms. "How did you get in my house?" I didn't want to look at him, I didn't want him to know that I was scared. "You left your door unlocked, easy access. Just like your body, your body is quite sexy." He trailed his hands around me. "Get off," I started to push his hands away. He grabbed my wrists hard just like he'd done in school. "I'm sure your husband won't mind sharing," he smirked and pulled my body onto his. He smelled of alcohol. "I said get off! Get off of me now! Get off! Get off!" I repeated over and over again. I released my hands out of his grip and started hitting. "Please!" I cried. "Renae! Renae stop!" I closed my eyes tight and opened them while breathing heavy. Lance was the one close to me, he was breathing heavy and holding my hands so I would stop hitting. Daniel was gone. "Renae, what's wrong? You're yelling," he led me to the living room and set me on the sofa. I hugged him and cried. I'm crazy, why is this happening!? "Baby, talk to me," he whispered in my ear. My voice was shaky, "N-Nothing," I stuttered my words. "Obviously it's something." He was speaking soft and kind. He sat me on his lap and held my waist from behind. I lied my head on his shoulder. "I don't know what's happening, Lance." I whispered into his shoulder. "Is it because of the baby?" He asked sentimentally. "No, if I tell you," I paused for a second, "you'll think I'm crazy." He then looked at me like I was crazy. "No I will not."

The thing is... Lance knows everything about what happened when I woke from that terrible coma. He's knows about the big dream I had with Derrick and everything. If I bring anything up now he'll think I'm crazy. It's been 1 year, 1 month, and 2 days. I guess I have no choice but to tell him or else he won't leave me alone.

I proceeded. "Derrick," I lost eye contact with Lance while I looked down. "And Adam," I continued. I wish I could have talked to Adam more. "And Daniel," I chocked on my words getting his name out. Lance let out a big sigh, "Renae, are you on drugs?" He had the most serious look on his face. I glance at him and got up from his lap, "really Lance?" I said in an annoyed tone. "Relax baby, I was joking," he let a small smile form from his lips. "We'll it's not funny to me, Lance! I'm not on drugs!" I raised my tone a little with him. He got up and looked at me, "alright, I'm sorry." He apologized sympathetically. I didn't speak, the room went quiet. "Maybe we should call you a doctor," he talked soft. "I don't need a doctor." I snapped. "Alright, damn, I was just trying to help you," he puffed in annoyance. "I don't need you're attitude right now, Lance. Okay?" He looked at me with those squinted eyes he gets when he gets annoyed or upset. "My attitude? What about yours?" He snapped back. This can't be happening right now. "Well I'm trying to tell you what's happening lately but you think it's all jokes!" I raised my voice again. "Never once did I think it was a joke. I offered to call you a doctor. You know what? Since you've been having these... 'visions' or whatever, why don't you just go out and find some dude named Derrick and marry him if you loved him so much!? I understand that you loved him more than me anyway, Renae!" He yelled at me. Tears started falling down my face instantly. "Why would you say that?" My voice shook. "Renae I-" I cut him off. "You're sorry. I get it. It's whatever, I'm going to bed." I turned my back and wiped my tears that were falling one after another. I cried and went up to our room.