Chapter 8

Author's Note: Ya'll are gonna love this chapter!!

I woke up from the sound of what seemed to be the sound of a click of a picture. I opened one eye and saw my mom taking a picture of me sleeping on Derrick, he still wasn't awake. "Mom," I groaned and covered up my face. She giggled and didn't say a word, then she left the room. I looked up at Derrick, he was gorgeous when he slept. His hair was messy and even had some pieces of hair scattered over his eyes. I moved the hair away from his eyelids and kissed his soft pink lips while waiting for his beautiful blue eyes to open from his sleep. "What a great way to wake up," he smirked, I love his morning voice. I giggled slightly and smiled up at him. "Let's go visit Adam," I said with a smile. He smiled back and nodded. I went to my room and closed the door. I looked in my closet and put on a pair of skinny jeans, a white shirt with a peach colored scarf, and a pair of boots that matched. I threw my hair up in sock bun and put a peach colored bow in my hair to match my scarf. I put only a little bit of makeup on because being a girl takes a lot of work, let me tell you that. We have so much to do like making sure our hair looks good and our makeup, all guys have to do is wake up, brush their hair back with heir fingers and they're good. We also have the babies, the periods, and the terrible terrible cramps. Maybe that's too much information, but it's true information. I got done and walked out of my room meeting Derrick outside of the door. "Ready?" He asked. "Yes," I smiled at him. We hopped into his truck and went to Adam's house to see how he was doing. We knocked on Adam's door and after a moment he came to it, he was only a little stiff because his ribs were still a bit sore. He greeted us happily and let us in. There was a girl sitting on his couch, she seemed nice and she was well dressed. "Who's this?" Derrick asked him with a smirk. Adam blushed a bright red, "this is my girlfriend, Maria. Maria, these are my friends Derrick and Renae." He introduced us to her nicely. "Hello," she had a big smile and stood up, she shook both our hands and even gave me a hug. I then excused myself from the conversation so I could use the bathroom.

Derrick's Point Of View

"Alright Adam I need a game plan for Renae's birthday birthday tomorrow." I said this loud enlightenment so that she wouldn't hear me. "I got you, man." He patted my shoulder and all three of us had a quick discussion about her birthday, this made it a lot easier since we had a girl in the room to help us. She was much better than Kayla, I can tell you that. We stopped talking when she came out of the bathroom, I gave her a smirk. I told her I would be back so I could go get a few things.

I went to the mall and walked around in some of her favorite stores. Everything was gorgeous but nothing really popped out to me until I saw a gorgeous dress that was dark red and sparkly at the top and black at the bottom. I picked it up and checked the size, it should fit her for tomorrow. I grabbed a few extra things for her to wear with it. I happily went up to the cashier and she smiled at me as I paid for her things, she knew exactly that I was surprising someone. I'm excited, but nervous at the same time. After that I went and bought a variety of sticky notes and a marker, this should be fun.

I went back to Adam's house and stayed for a while then it starting getting late. We headed home and I allowed her to sleep with me in my bed in order for my plan to work.

I woke up at noon, I sleep in late but she sleeps in later, she usually wakes up around 1:00 p.m. Crazy right? I know. I wrote on the sticky notes and put them in their appropriate places. I then talked to her mom about what my plan was and left to my destination.

Renae's Point Of View

I woke up at my normal time, but something felt different. I realized why it felt so different, Derrick wasn't beside me anymore. I was actually hoping to wake up beside him on my sixteenth birthday, but it's okay. I looked beside me anyway and noticed a bright green colored sticky not on the pillow. I yawned, sat up, and took it. It read 'Good morning beautiful, you probably noticed by now that I'm not there beside you. Happy sixteenth birthday though! Now you can't leave the room until 5:00 p.m. I know it sounds terrible to sit in my...' there was another note because he ran out of room. 'room for hours and I'm sorry but I'm getting your birthday present ready. If you need anything your mom is home!' That's all he left me. I sighed loudly! I have to stay in this room for four hours and I'm already bored.