Chapter 10 (Warning!(; )

Renae's Point Of View

The next day I sat on my couch staring at the beautiful ring he gave me. I sat smiling at it like an idiot, I laughed at myself and got up. I got dressed nicely and got into my nice car I had gotten for my eighteenth birthday. I drove myself to Walmart to visit my perfect boyfriend. I went up to the nice old lady that works there, she's such a love lady, "hi, Alyssa, where's Derrick working right now?" I asked with a bright smile. "Derrick? Hun, Derrick gets off at five o'clock everyday," she said sweetly returning to work. I told her thank you and walked out, driving back home.

Five? He gets off at five? He comes home at nine o'clock everyday though... I sat in the living room trying to think of what he could be doing for four hours. Cheat...? No, he couldn't do that after he gave me this ring. I stared at it longer and bit my lip so hard that I thought it might bleed. I looked at the clock and at 8:59 p.m. the door opens. Derrick. He came in and smiled at me, "babe," he leaned down and pecked my lips softly. I didn't kiss him back, he looked at me with a confused look in his face. Don't play stupid, Derrick. "Where were you?" I asked calmly and stood up in front of him. "What do you mean? I've been at work..." he looked in my eyes. How could he lie to me just like that? How long had he been doing this for? "Don't you dare lie to me like that," I said in a more strict tone. "Where. Were. You." I emphasized my words for him which caused him to bite his lip. He couldn't seem to find the right words for anything right now. I pulled his shirt towards me and sniffed near his chest... perfume. I shook my head. "Is this why you shower everyday when you come home? Is this why you wash your clothes so quickly?" My voice had become louder by the minute. "Renae, calm down." Who was he telling to calm down!? He's cheating in me! "Who is she?" I asked making no eye contact. He started to give in, he knew he couldn't keep on lying at this point because now I knew. "Chelsea," he mumbled looking down. "Chelsea? My best friend Chelsea!?" I questioned loudly. He nodded slowly. "What!? Why!?" Tears now started falling down my cheeks nonstop. "For how long?" I stared at him... no response. "I asked you how long!" I yelled at him. "One month." One month? One month of lies! How could he!? As soon as he said this I felt as if someone stabbed me in the chest with a new sharpened knife. I covered my face with my hands touching my wet cheeks because of my tears. He touched my shoulder to comfort me, "Renae I-" he started. "Don't touch me!" I cut him off and pushed his arm away. "How could you do this to me!? What did I do? Did you get bored of me!?" I yelled in his face, he was starting to tear up noticing how much he hurt me. I shook my head and turned around to go upstairs. He grabbed my shoulder to turn me around, as soon as he did this I slapped him across the face... hard. Oops. I shook. "I told you not to touch me!" I managed to get out my words while I balled my eyes out. I went upstairs and minutes later I came down with a bag. "Where are you going?" He stuttered his words and was worried about where I was going. "Don't worry about it." I snapped at him and walked out of my house. I started driving, I could barely see the road because of my blurry vision from my tears. I didn't know where I was going but about twenty minutes later I was in the driveway of Adam's house. I got out of my car quickly and knocked on the door, also while trying to dry my tears. Within seconds, Adam came to the door and took a look at me crying, then he embraced me to a big and warm hug.

Adam's Point Of View

I was minding my own business at home casually watching tv. Maria went on vacation with her family to Florida so I was all alone. I jumped when I heard a knock on my door. Who would be here, at my house, at ten o'clock? I went up and opened the door and saw a sad Renae standing there. I gave her the biggest hug ever.

She's so... beautiful. Why is someone so beautiful, crying? I wish she didn't love him, I wish she would love me. "What happened?" I sat down with her on my couch. "Derrick," she could barely get out his name without choking on her words, "he cheated." She bursted out into tears and covered her face. "I'm sorry," I whispered into her ear. I hugged her once again, she was shaky. I kissed the top of her head and rocked her from side to side. She didn't say anything more after that. I looked down at her and whispered another 'I'm sorry'. "Why would he do this?" She muffled her words in my chest. Her crying calmed down slightly. "Maybe he doesn't love you as much as I do." As soon as I said this I felt her look up at me. "You love me?" She dried her tears and looked in my eyes. I nodded shyly. What was I supposed to do now? Now she knows. What if she doesn't love me back? Did I make a mistake to tell her this? "Since when?" She wondered. "Since ever..." I stroked her cheek with my thumb.