Chapter 7

We went inside the hospital, we saw doctors running around everywhere, in and out of the room Adam was. I let the tears fall, I remember when this was Lance in the hospital. This is too similar to what happened to him. Derrick didn't want to wait and he wouldn't, I tried to keep him in the waiting room with him by grabbing his arm but I wasn't strong enough. "Derrick!" I called out, but he didn't listen.

Derrick's Point Of View

Adam is in the hospital and it's driving me crazy. He was in a severe car crash about an hour ago. Renae was here at the hospital, I tried so hard to keep my cool. I couldn't take it anymore, I pushed passed all the doctors that were in my way and ran into Adam's hospital room. "Adam? Adam are you okay?" I was out of breath because I could barely breathe in the first place."Answer me man you're scaring the hell out of me!" I yelled at him as the doctors left and in came Renae to check if we were both okay. "I was at Kayla's house," he mumbled softly. Kayla is a disgusting person, she's like a demon trying to get inside people's head. The heart monitor left a long beep with a straight line... no. "No," Renae mimicked my trail of thoughts. It lasted about 30 seconds right before I was about to yell for a doctor, then he woke up again. I swear our heart rates stopped at the same time, I thought I might die as well. I can't afford to lose someone who's been here through it all with me. "She..." he barely had any breath to speak. His ribs were broken and so was his arm, he had cuts all over him and a few bruises here and there, he looked terrible. "She got me so drunk," he finished his sentence, the sad thing is it's not the first time she's ever gotten him drunk. She's gotten him to do stuff with her that we would never do sober, I don't know why he keeps going back to her. Their relationship is weird, I wouldn't even call it a relationship to be honest... I shook my head and looked down, I felt Renae's small, soft hand rub my back lightly. "You guys should get home, it's getting late. Get some sleep, they gave me medicine and it's staring to kick in," he whispered. His eyes were droopy and I watched him as his weak body fell asleep in the hospital hospital bed.

I drove me and Renae back to my house. We laid their in my bed for the longest time. We both had a pair of my sweat pants on. I had no shirt on but I asked her if she was comfortable with it first, and she had a tank top on. She hugged my waist and laid her head on my chest, I wrapped an arm around her, we were close... our bodies were close, we were warm and it felt so good.

Renae's Point Of View

Gosh... his heartbeat. His soothing, steady, lovely heartbeat. I could never get enough of it. I knew he was upset, I didn't want to bring Adam into the conversation at all because of how upset he was, but I did want to know if he was okay, so I asked him. "I'll be okay if I could get another kiss from you tonight," he bit his lip, how could I say no to that lip bit of his? I looked up from his chest so we could see each others faces. He pulled me up closer and kissed me passionately, I kissed him back with our lips moving in sync. I don't think I've kissed anyone like this before, not even Lance, but I liked it.

While our lips were moving I felt his tongue slip into my mouth. Why am I letting him do this? More importantly, why do I like it? In return I slipped my tongue into his. His hands made their way from my waist, down to my hips. My hands made their way from his chest, to his toned abs. It's like I can't control myself, my hands are doing whatever they want without my control. I have no control over what I'm doing, it's strange. His hand went up my tank top but he didn't move it up without my permission. "You're beautiful," he whispered quietly in my ear between our kisses. I smiled as we kissed, he came onto me slowly taking off my tank top. He was on top of me but he kept himself up on his knees so he wouldn't crush me.

I gasped as I woke up from that unnecessary dream. I sat up and made sure that I was fully clothed just in case. I don't know what caused me to have that kind of dream. Okay, so I have a major crush on this boy named Derrick Lee Lewis and we've known each other for... I don't know, three months maybe? But he's amazing. I looked to my side and noticed that Derrick was not there. I got up from the bed to find him and got a cold breeze of air, I shivered and looked to see if there was anything warm to wear. I looked and saw one of his sweatshirts laying on the floor, I picked it up and got a whiff of the sweet cologne he always wears. I put it on hoping that he wouldn't mind, I put the hood up and dig my hands into the sleeves. I breathed in his scent one more time, but this time I could smell bacon, was he cooking breakfast downstairs? I decided to go find out, I walked out of his room with his sweatpants and sweatshirt. I made my way to his kitchen and saw that he was there with his back turned. Oh good lord, the back of him seemed so perfect. He was in the same sweatpants I was wearing but he had no shirt on, and let me just say that his shoulder blades were just perfect. He had that perfect, not to muscular, football body. "Good morning," I said in a quiet tone, I was careful not to scare him because he's very jumpy, I think it's cute though. He turned around and smiled at me, "well good morning to you, sunshine." I couldn't help but giggle at his cheekiness. We weren't exactly official but I liked us like this. "Adam just called me, he said he's doing better." Maybe that's why he's so happy, '"that's good," I gave him a smile back. He stared at me. "What?" Did I have something on my face? Did I still have bed head? "Wearing my sweatshirt, huh?" He smirked at me. "O-Oh yeah, sorry I didn't ask." He didn't want me to wear it did he? "It's alright, you look cute in my clothes." He smiled and turned back around to finish breakfast. He left me standing there blushing, but then I took a seat at his table. There was a knock at his door as soon as he served us breakfast. "Someone would be at my door when we're about to eat," he said in a silly upset tone. He got up and went to his door, I decided to go with him because I wasn't going to eat by myself.