Chapter 20: Shopping

~ † Chapter 20: Shopping † ~

-I took in a deep breath before letting my hand smack against the door. Normally I would just walk in but with his mom there, I didn’t feel comfortable.

-I bounced on my toes, trying to shake all my nerves out before walking in there.

-Justin opened the door just as I stopped jumping. I smiled and walked right in. The pattern my feet made on the floor sounded uneasy. When I got nervous, I showed it. It wasn’t easy for me to stay calm in situations like this.

-“She’s right in there.” Justin whispered, pointing to the dinning room .I wandered in, making my way slowly through the turns.

-“Wait,” he mumbled, calling me back to him. “Here.” He handed me a black American Express credit card.

-“Justin I—“ He cut me off before I could finish.

-“—No buts, you are going to use it to buy your dress. Don’t think money is an option. I want you too feel pretty. Got it.” He smiled, closing my hand around the card.

-There was a short lady with long black hair not facing my direction. I looked back at Justin, it took all of my will power not to turn the other way and dart out. I gave him a scared look but instead, he pushed my forward causing me to jump a little.

-My gasp caught her attention and she finally turned around. Her facial expression was quite shocking. She didn’t seem disgusted or as if she hated me. Her face was actually surprised to see me standing there.

-“H-Hi…” I stuttered, holding out a shaky hand for her to hold on too. I used my free hand to pull down the bottom part of my high-raised shorts.

-Her smile, unlike Scooters was warm and inviting and stayed that way. “Hi, I’m Pattie. You must be Bailey, right?” She questioned, letting my hand fall.

-“Yeah.” I smiled, flipping my hair out of my face.

-“I’ve heard a lot about you, through the media and what not. Justin refused to tell me anything.” I laughed, smiling back at Justin’s whose hands were stuffed in his pocket.

-“Oh, is that so?” I winked, making sure he knew I was kidding.

-“So, are you ready?” She picked up her black purse and flung it over her right shoulder.

-“I am when you are.” I hesitated slightly, still a little nervous.

-“Head out to the truck, Kenny will be waiting. I’ll meet you there.” She placed a hand on Justin’s back. I didn’t even think before heading out to the van. Before I shut the door, I heard mumbles coming from her, I didn’t know what she said until later on.

-I walked out to the van pulling all my hair to one side as the wind blew hot air.