Chapter 10

Fund raising sucks. Especially for a club I'm not even IN.  " What is Snyder's problem?" I snap, dropping my 50 bars of chocolate on the table, then I collapse into the chair beside Xander. " I'm not even IN band! Why can't they sell their own chocolate?"

Buffy looks at me. " Fund raising protocol: Half to mom, rest to Giles." 

" No way! I was gonna sell to him!" 

Tension builds as Buffy and I glare at each other. This is more than candy. This is over everything. Her alpha female status. I don't need this. 

" Whatever. You sell to Dad. I'll ship them off to Gran." I smile, and lean back in my chair. My stomach grumbles, and my eye catches on a buff jock walking by. Mm-mm, food.  

Quickly, I snap my mind back to the present, and tune into what Buffy is saying. " Bronze tonight?"

" Sure." Willow and Xander say. They look at me, and I turn red. " Um, how do you get there? In the conventional way?" 

They give me the directions.

-----------------------

When I walk downstairs that evening, something is off. The thing that tips me off is the smoke. Cigarette smoke.  " Dad," I say, coughing, " Are you smoking-?"  I stop short. There is a WOMAN  in our living room. A woman. " Um, Dad, I'm going out." I say, backing towards the door. 

I walk to the bronze. On the walk, I see weird things. Adults on joyrides, making out in public, acting really immature. The principal, Snyder walked passed me, and he tried to cop a feel as he passed. I was THIS CLOSE to beating the crap outta him.

------------------------

At the Bronze, I found not Buffy, but Angel. " Angel!" I called, trying to wade out of the sea of immature adults. He turned, and saw me. 

" Adriana, what's going on? What is wrong with them?"

I gnaw on my thumbnail, " I think this is some sort of spell. What's new? What do all the adults have in common?"

" Um, they're really immature?"

My eyes scan the crowd. The only things that jump out is... The band candy! I snatch a half-eaten bar from some balding accountant type. " Hey! Get your own!" 

" Scat." I hiss. He does. Smart guy. I snap off a piece of the chocolate, and lick it. My head spins, and I stumble. " Whoa." 

Angle steadies me. " Is it the chocolate?" 

" Yeah. I think so. "

" What do we do?"

" Find the manufacturer."

----------------------------

When I arrive at the factory of the chocolate, ( Angel had to go keep order.), I am horrified at what I see. My dad has his tongue down the woman's throat. 

" DAD!" I scream, my eyes flashing fire. I wrench them apart. " Oh my God! You're not even ashamed, are you? What are you doing?!? You- You- !!"

" MOM!!" another voice shrieks. Buffy. " What are you DOING?!? " 

---------------------------

After we beat the crap out of Ethan Rayne, I take Dad home, to sleep off the Candy. I am so going to kill him for this.