Chapter 7

Now that I have cleansed all my human blood out of my body, I can begin my purpose for being here. I'm really here on the behalf of the Watcher's Council. They don't have the capacity to do it, so they sent me. I'm only one of two Angels they have.  Alistair is busy in Scotland, with some banshees. Oh, my mission? I'm supposed to kill Buffy, and everyone who means anything to her.

Now you're wondering why I'm only starting this now? Well, when I was new, they implanted a microchip into my head, so that when my powers are fully manifested, I kill. It activated when I finished draining. 

I don't want to kill anyone, but you don't get it. If I disobey, I die. The chip controls me.  

When I left England, I was given a small box. Inside is a Watcher's Council approved Kill Guide. This tells me who to kill, when, and how. First on the list is the vampire Angelus. 

I must obey.

--------------------

When I walk downstairs, They all stand to face me. 

" Adriana. How are you feeling?" Dad asks nervously. I look at the stranger standing behind him  curiously. " Oh, this is Angel."

" Angelus?" I ask.

" Yes. " Dad says, cleaning his glasses.

That little voice in my brain tells me, "Kill Him."

My body moves on it's own. I walk briskly toward Angelus, and wrench a leg off of a nearby chair. My arm comes across his throat, and slams him into the wall. His face changes into the demonic personage of a vampire, and he throws me back. I smash into the table, and it breaks under my weight. Willow screams. 

I leap to my feet, and I slam my heel into Angelus's nose, breaking it.  All while we fight, my mind is screaming against the chip. "NO! NO! NO NONONO! LEAVE ME ALONE!" I scream at the chip, and clutch my head.  It hurts to disobey. It HURTS. Everyone stop, and stares. Buffy rushes to Angelus's side. 

Then the baseball bat collides into my skull.

--------------------------

When I wake up, my head is killing me. I reach up, and feel rough bandages. Dad is standing next to me, drying his hands on a towel.

" Ah, Adriana. You're awake. I hope you don't mind, I took the liberty of removing the microchip from your brain."  He states calmly.

I look around the room. Xander, Willow, Buffy, Angelus, and a young man. " Who are you?" I croak rudley.

" I'm Oz. Sorry about smashing in your skull with a baseball bat."

I look at Angelus. " Angelus, I'm- sorry."

He smirks. " Ah, you couldn't have hurt me. I'm a big, bad vampire."

" Please! I nearly killed you!"

" Just don't do it again." 

Buffy perches herself on my bed. " So, who sent you? Who wants Angel dead? Tell me everything."