Chapter 6

When I woke up on Sunday, something was wrong. I felt uncomfortable in my skin. I stood up, and keeled over immediately with a bout of coughing. When I pulled my hand away from my mouth, it was covered in sticky, red, blood. I needed Dad. I stumbled out of my room, and slammed into the wall. 

" DAD!" I shrieked, praying that he was home. My legs turned to jelly, and I sunk to the floor. I heard footsteps thundering up the stairs. 

" Oh my-!" Dad exclaimed, and lifted me up as if I weighed no more than a feather. He ran me to the bathroom, and placed me into the harness he's had since my birth. It's aimed down, so the blood drains into the bathtub. 

Just after he's put me into the harness, my veins burn. This is what death feels like. I can't move, so I scream. Just a loud, primal screech. I thrash against the harness, and my eyes snap open. I beg for death, for help. I scream in turn at all of the people there. Willow, Xander, Buffy, Dad, and a Unknown person. Then I cough, and it's as if someone pulled a cork out of a bottle. Blood pours out of my eyes, my ears, my mouth. I'm going to choke on my own blood. I want to die, just end it now. The blood stops up enough for me to cry. 

A choked, pitiful sob escapes my lips. Dad comes up to my side, reaches up, and stokes my hair. Then they all leave, and leave me to my misery. Why must I go through the change now? All angel spawn must. I won't take long, according to Dad. But it will be painful. Everything will change. 

About seven hours longer, my blood runs black. I'm done. Thank God!