Chapter 20

1 month later
Bellamy's POV:
It's graduation day today. Today is the day we are walking across the stage, getting our diplomas, and leaving this place behind. Clarke is pacing around. She is nervous about the speech she has to give, being valedictorian and all. "Princess calm down," I say grabbing her hands forcing her to stop, "You're going to be great, you have nothing to worry about. You look beautiful, you are the smartest person I know, and everyone loves you. Your speech is going to go great." "Thanks Bell. What would I do without?" She asks sounding calmer. "Let's hope you never have to find out." I tell her, kiss her check and grab her hand. We head out to the car and drive to school. When we get out we head over to the rest of the group. Clarke, Raven, and Octavia start crying because it is their last day together.They are all going to different schools starting in the fall. Good thing that Clarke and I are going to the same school. Plus we already signed up to have the same dorm room "Come on guys today is supposed to be a happy day. We're graduating you still have the whole summer." Lincoln says wiping away O's tears. "You're right," she says smiling, "let's go graduate." They all head in except I hang back feeling the small box in my pocket. "You ready man?" Lincoln asks patting me on the back. He is the only one who knows my plan. "As ready as I'll ever be." I say suddenly feeling nervous. We head into the school in silence.

A few hours later
We have already walked across the stage and gotten our diplomas. It is time for Clarke's speech. I rub my finger over the small black box in my pocket. My leg starts shaking and I feel like I can't breathe. I don't know why I am so nervous. I love her and I know what her answer will be. She gets up on the stage looking as beautiful as ever. She brushes a stray hair out of her face and clears her throat. "We have all come a long way since freshman year..." She begins, "We went through the awkward phases of high school, the cool phase, the fun times, and the times where we just wanted to quit. But we didn't and that is what bring us here today. We fought our way through the tough classes, the bullies and everything that stood in our way to make it here. To graduate." Clarke continues and she makes eye contact with me. I smile and give her a slight thumbs up. She takes a deep breathe and begins talking again. "I know that for sure I would have never made it through high school without my friends, brother and teachers. There were times where they all got on my nerves but they kept me going. The person I would like to thank the most is my wonderful boyfriend Bellamy Blake." There are some cheers and whoops from the crowd and the smile I love the most spread on her face. "He kept me steady, comforted me when I was upset, dealt with me when I was in my worst moods, and was always there for me." Clarke says. As she is going on about me I look over at Lincoln and he nods. I get up and begin walking to the stage. Some people give me strange looks but most stay focused on Clarke. By the time Clarke looks up for me next I am already climbing the stairs up the stage. When I reach her I see a confuse look in her eyes and grab her hands. "I love you Clarke. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me. You showed me who I really was when I needed it most. You are the light in my life that keeps me moving forward. I wake up every morning just to see your beautiful smile again, look into your blue eyes, and yo kiss you over and over. I would have never made it without you. I don't want to live a day without you. And so" I say getting down on one knee and holding up the beautiful diamond ring. There are gasps and cheers from the crowd. Clarke covers her mouth with her hands in shock and her eyes glisten with tears. "Clarke Griffin will you marry me?" I ask "Yes, yes a million times yes." She says and jumps on me giving me a hug and kissing me like it's the first time. The crowd erupts into cheers as I place the ring on her small delicate finger. We walk hand in hand down the stairs and out the auditorium with the rest of our class following behind. When we get out side we all throw our graduation caps in the air and Clarke and I kiss again. The rest of the day we take pictures with everyone we have ever talked to before. Not wanting to forget this day or them. This was by far the best day ever.