ch. 13

!! I may rewrite the chapter, idk !!

perhaps as he lay on the cold floor leon thought he was asleep, but something about the night kept him awake. staring at the ceiling as the sky shifted to a dark blue, it felt odd, really.

so when emil snapped awake, it didn't startle him out of sleep.

breathing heavily, wide violets eyes scanned the room. leon immediately darted up from his previous position, his attention shifting to emil.

the teen's vision was foggy in the dark, however his violet eyes burned into the wall in front of him. he didn't speak, he didn't breathe. he shook violently.

leon leapt up from his position on the ground to seat himself beside emil, awkward to touch him. however, as he quickly realized his friend had still yet to do nearly anything, he had to act.

finally, after several moments of quietly whispering frantic words of comfort all while holding his hand tightly, the icelandic male began breathing slowly.

"what time is it?"

"about 6:30."

"oh."

leon didn't push him to explain his startling dream, but continued to tightly clench his hand, only to have him shudder before breaking away from his embrace.

emil's gaze then flickered to the window, which now had splays of dark orange and pink and pale blue's just outside. leon watched him study the sunrise before rising from his spot and slipping into the kitchen.

"craving anything?"

emil didn't respond, but shook his head several moments later. leon sighed softly before entering the main quarters once more. finally, curiosity got the best of him.

"was it just a bad dream?"

emil turned to pin his sight on leon before nodding slowly. "he was here." he murmured, allowing his hands to ball up into fists. "he was here beside me and I can't remember what happened. he just faded, I can't remember my dream after that. I . . ." he gulped softy, his eyes dropping to his lap. "lukas will be okay, right?"

leon felt his throat dry up. he continued watching emil study his hands before coming up with an answer.

"I - I don't . . . um . . . yes?"

within seconds, leon already regretted his tone.

emil nodded before slowly getting up. "you have classes today."

leon but his lip. "yeah, but that doesn't matter, I can easily skip -"

"no." emil's tone shifted to one he had never heard before, angry and frustrated and stubborn and very, very sad. "you've skipped enough, don't you want decent scores?"

"what about you?"

"don't worry about me, I can stay here."

leon wanted to argue, but once glance over at emil's tired yet helpless expression forced him to nod his head. "okay, I don't have classes until later though."

"right."

silence followed, and leon almost wished his classes would start earlier, so he could escape this small room and clear his mind.

alAs I have updated enjoy!!