ch. 11

leon had gotten up and barreled over to the figure within a flash. he didn't care if he was making a scene or how loud he was, but all he cared was that he was here.

here.

with emil.

at first, he couldn't speak. he couldn't even say a word. all leon could do was hold emil close in a crushing hug as he ukept his face nuzzled into the other's shoulder. it was a brief moment, yet it was perfect.

it took him a moment to feel it, but once he did leon quickly pulled away. his shirt had been drenched, only once he got a good look at emil's reddened face did he notice the tears streaking down his face.

"emil?" leon whispered barely, running his fingers over the stains, gently rubbing them off. the icelander sniffles loudly, hiccuping over his words, making everything hard to understand.

leon pulled him in for another hug, this time drawing his fingers slowly through his blonde hair. "don't you ever fucking do that to me again." he whispered, almost breathlessly, into emil's ear. his own tears fell, out of happiness or perhaps just because he couldn't stand to see emil cry.

finally leon managed to seat emil down in the waiting room, slightly thankful for the lack of eyes pinned on the two anymore. emil was finally calming down, though his eyes still watered and his face was still a reddish - pink.

leon clutched emil's hands within his own, feeling his heartbeat quicken as their gazes locked.

"emil, what happened?"

leon could feel his companion's grip weaken as he broke down once more, though pushed himself to speak through the muddle of sobbing and coughing.

"I - I, I don't know . . ."

as he struggled to speak, leon, in a daze, leaned over before softly pressing a kiss on to his forehead. it was a simple act, brief, however it caused emil to fall silent.

the silvery - blonde haired male rose to his feet, one of his hands still latched onto leon's before dragging him towards the front desk. natalia glanced up from her papers.

"lukas bondevik."

the woman nodded before a soft click was heard, indicating the main door had been opened. emil tugged at leon's arm, leading him into the true section of the hospital.

"wait, lukas?"

no response, however emil's pace sped up slightly.

leon didn't push him.

finally, emil stopped at the door, glancing through the small window.

"y - you'll have to stay out here."

"okay." ah, right. it was 4:45 am.

leon watched through the small window as emil cautiously approached the bed, his hands balled into fists as he attempted to stay calm. there, in the cot, lifeless, lukas bondevik.

just the sight of him made leon's breath catch in his throat. no, no, no, no. what had happened? how? so many questions buzzed through leon's mind as he watched the icelander gently rest his palm on his brother's cheek, barely managing to keep his tears at bay.

that's when he felt a presence behind him.

"and who the hell are you?"

spinning around, leon came face - to - face with a tall, blond man, his face eerily blank. not expressionless, simply a canvas lacking color. to say the least, it didn't help ease leon's mood.

this unknown person brushed past him and reached for the doorknob, that's when the younger male noticed it.

"you two were close."

the man stiffened, however didn't turn around. his hand still lingered inches away from the knob. leon could practically sense his confusion.

if this had been any other day, leon would've been flustered, embarrassed. now he couldn't care less.

"you're wearing the same shoes you were the day you came back with lukas over christmas break."

despite him not even being able to see mathias' face, leon knew that he was slightly surprised. leon had surprised himself honestly, he didn't know of his impeccable memory.

mathias twisted the knob. he slipped inside the cold room, reeking of death, before allowing the door to slowly ease shut behind him.

leon could only do as much as watch through the small window imprinted upon the top of the door.

ahhhhhhhHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH IM GONNA BE POSTING A TON OF CHAPTERS THIS WEEK BRACE YOURSELVES