"They will starve me for days Jade and beat me to a pulp on a daily basis, but the only person on my mind in those agonizing times was you Jade. You got me through it." He pulled me back on his chest as I cried. "And when Emanuele told me that you were looking for me by pretending to be with him and Ben was supporting you, I got scared Jade. I begged him not to hurt you. I was afraid and didn't want what happened to me to happen to you sis. I even bargained my life for yours." Charlie cupped my face and looked into my eyes. "But then he made a deal with me. The deal was that I will be freed if only I accepted certain conditions. I was to run away far from here where nobody could get to me. I was to forget about my old life, I was not allowed to go back to work, not allowed to see either you or Ben and I could not reveal anything to anyone about the time I spent with them or their secrets. It was the only way he agreed to let you live."

I glanced at Emanuele from the corner of my eyes and he was still looking away. "He helped me escape with Dario's help who took me to Emanuele's place where I was staying for some time until they arranged everything for me to flee the country. I was informed about how his boss figured about you and my escape and how angry he was, hunting for our blood. Emanuele wasn't suspected for treachery when I ran away but Raimondo came to know of his betrayal when he let you live Jade. And now he is on their list too." Charlie shook his head with sadness in his eyes. "Why did you do it Jade, why did you risk your life? You know how incredibly stupid it was, brave yes but mostly stupid! I wanted to scream my head off when I came to know what you were doing and Ben was taking your side?" he exclaimed in disbelief. "How could he when it was his job to look after you? Before I left, I made him promise that he would take care of you if I didn't make it. He was supposed to keep you out of danger and..."

"It wasn't Ben's fault Charlie... it was mine. I forced him; I wouldn't listen to him but only blamed him for your disappearance." I took a shaky breath. "I thought I failed you and it is my responsibility as your sister to save you and protect you. I felt like I failed our parents." I glanced at our parents' graves. "I thought they would want me to do everything to save you, to prevent your death come hell or high water. I had to save you Charlie because I know you would have done the same if our roles were reversed."

His eyes watered even more. "You silly girl... It is my duty as your brother to protect you, not yours. I should be considered responsible because if not for me we both wouldn't be in this mess. I was stupid and careless with my life and in the process I endangered yours as well. It is me who failed to protect you Jade...it is my fault!"

I shook my head vehemently and wrapped my arms around him again. How could he even think that! He was the best brother in the world and he has always supported me, been my backbone and a shoulder to cry on when I needed him. He was always there and I know that our relationship was strong enough that we could die for each other.

"I so want to lecture you on your safety as I always have and scold you for what you did for me but I missed you so much and I don't have the strength to say anything to you." I chuckled as he said that with his admonishing tone which sounded weird since both of our voices were hoarse from crying so much. "I love you sis." He said while rubbing my back.

"I love you too." My whole body shook again and Charlie tightened his grip on me, kissing the top of my head.

"I have to go Jade." he made me face him again. "I am leaving the country for good and I am not allowed to see you after this..." he said while glancing at Emanuele. "He wanted me to see you for the last time before I left, so you could believe that I wasn't dead...but as long as I stay here everyone will be in danger, especially you. And I can't have that."

"Where are you going?" I asked wide eyed.

He bit his lip. "I don't think I can even tell you that. But know this Jade." he said somberly while cupping my cheek so my attention was solely on him. "No matter what happens you are not going to give up, understood?" he shook me so I could get it through my head. "You are going to survive and try everything in your power to escape. And know that even though we may possibly not see each other again or even talk, but I will always love you sis and always be thankful because it is you who I consider my savior and my hero."