Time Passing

Over the next few years of my young life, living in the hills of Kobe was very different and difficult for me to transition from public school in America to public school in Japan. Especially when the language you speak isn't their native tongue.

I got picked and bullied on for three years in school until I learned bujutsu from my mother's master. Learning bujutsu, the form I learned was not the most common form we know today. it was more ancient and militarized. There was definitely more strategic thinking to it that i ever thoight it be. Before learning any fight techniques, I had to learn and train my young mind, body, and soul several variations and discipline. On that judo floor, I literally bled sweated and cried many tears of mental hurt pain and suffering. I will say it made me a more disciplined child. I had more focus. I was also possessed more skill and strength. I had not even yet reached my full potential. I didn't start getting in touble until I started kicking my bullies asses when they decided to mess with me agian. I broke a kids arm in three places that was the last time I was ever mess with.

I also learned how to speak fluent Japanese and learned how to write the calligraphy correctly. I thought I was in hell all that time because I had no siblings, I didn't have my father's guidance, my mother wasn't there often, and her house was a fortress that I couldn't get away from. Sort of like a prison. Countless days I spent by myself alone with everything in the world to do. I just wanted companionship with at least one person, one friend.

By the time secondary school was almost over, my mother began to become more 'available' with her time. An abundance of time and caring and nurturing came from her. Though her never being there much did not numb my heart, it made the yearning desire for her more intense. So when my mother was around, I was in bliss. We spend a lot of time talking about my dad and brother. Going in depth about the way he used to be her pride and joy. I missed him so. I wish he couldve seen me grow into the young man he so desperately craved to see. And my brother would be 22 this year. The Nightmares of what I witnessed see to worsen every day, though. It never got better. In turn I felt an anger growing in me rapidly, reminiscing of the face that was responsible for the family members death. I wanted him dead. Funny thing is, I know my mother knows who's responsible. She would always say to me, "In due time you will be reimbursed for the suffering you have endured. Only in due time." My mother seemed wised beyond her words but the real question to me was why hadn't she done anything about it?

That question was stored in my mind because at the time, it was minute. What was more important was mother was actually around for me in secondary school, she took on less 'jobs' to aid me through high school. It wasn't until then when I met a girl my last year of school I met a girl by the name of Asami Chiharu. It meant 'morning beauty of a thousand springs'. I believed her name was pretty as she was. We connected quite well. I never thought we would be as close as we were until we were involved into a car accident after our high school graduation. All I remember was a car T-boned us and the car flipped over multiple times before I blacked up. The next turn of events I never saw coming.....