Chapter 22: "Sleeping Beauty"...

It was the morning of a new day. The sun was rising and the birds were chirping. The air still had a cold bite to it while the fog had a thin layer of mist over the valley.

Inside the master bedroom laid a very still Lily on the king size bed. Oblivious of what was going around her surroundings since she has been like a Disney Princess who has been in a deep slumber for a few days and nights.

Her Prince Charming best known as the Beast Alpha Rand sat by her side watching intently for her awakening. He sat on a big chair next to the bed keeping a watchful eye on his beautiful Mate. To think that she looked even more breathtaking as she slept blew his mind away.

Just like a story book he had kissed her sweet lips a few times to see if she would awake, but his attempts failed. She just laid there...still, hopeless...Beautiful. He had visitors come check on him since he is the Alpha to make sure he ate, rested and showered. But he sent them away. At the moment he didn't care about his well being. All that mattered was Lily...his Lily. The most precious and important thing in his universe right now.

Rand did only let the Pack doctors and nurses come in to check on her progress. He questioned why she hadn't woken up, it had been three days since that horrible night that Kayden had appeared before Lily scaring her half to death. Rand was still very much pissed off over that, not speaking to his wolf. He still couldn't believe that he could loose control like that, but then again, Kayden is very strong and powerful, the reason others fear them.

The doctor's conclusion was that her body and brain are trying to cope with the shock and trauma that she experienced that night. Not only finding out that Rand was a werewolf and her Mate, but having vicious rouges chase and attack her. It was just too much for her Human mind to comprehend.

He took the diagnosis at face value, it made sense, but a part of him was anxious for her to wake up. She just had to wake up...he Prayed to the Moon Goddess that she would.

To no avail he gave into his exhaustion after there were no signs of him looking into his Luna's big brown eyes that day. His vision blurred, his mind was foggy and his eye lids heavy. Rand slowly felt his body slump down on the bed next to his 'Sleeping Beauty' and within a second dozed off holding her hand bringing a peaceful sigh out of his mouth.

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Night time turned into another bright morning. Rand had slept peacefully and even had happy dreams...dreams of him and his Lily being happy together...the way they should be.

In the midst of his dream he felt movement around him. Confused as he was still in a dream like state, his conscience told him to wake up to make sure Lily was alright.

Slowly opening his eyes he saw two brown orbs staring at him confusion set on them...

Jolting up he smiled from ear to ear seeing as his 'Sleeping Beauty' had woken up from her enchantment...

"Lily...my beautiful Lily...your finally awake! I was so worried that you wouldn't wake up." he said excitedly, restraining himself from pulling her into his arms. He didn't want to scare her.

Lily remained quiet and continued to stare at Rand as if she was trying to figure something out. Rand's smile slowly turned into a frown, he himself was wondering why she wasn't speaking.

"What happened?" she whispered still looking into his eyes.

Taken back from her question Rand sat next to her. He lifted up Lily's hand and placed it in his big one caressing it with his thumb. Lily looked down at his action and sighed lowly.