Chapter 15: Who's Nervous?

*Edited 04/11/2016*

Cover by @sweetsugarspices

Rand's P.O.V.

Audrey mind-linked me to let me know that Lily was in the room getting ready. Kayden was getting agitated because she is in our room and I'm not bursting through the door to claim her. Kayden can get out of control and it takes a lot at times to keep him in... It's taking a lot from me to keep it in also.

"Why aren't we with our Mate Rand? She is ours. I need her...we need her. Let me out so I can mark her since you won't!" Kayden growled.

"Kayden, you need to stay calm and stay put. We don't need to scare her...we don't need her to take off running and go to that...mutt! Do you?" I asked trying to keep him calm knowing that what I said would sink in.

"Fine...I don't want her to be scared of us. But, if you don't claim her soon...I can't promise that I will stay put and I won't do it myself. Everyone needs to know that she is ours." he said then shut me off.

I understand Kayden's frustration...I've been waiting for so many years to find my Mate that I could wait a few more minutes...maybe.

I was pacing back and forth in one of the guest rooms longing to go see her. She is actually next to the room I'm in. I can smell her scent and at least that's what's  keeping me somewhat calm.

Knock Knock...

"Come in..." I said as someone was knocking on the door.

Watching the door open I see that is my Beta, Blake. We are childhood friends and I consider him my best friend. He is one of the few people that I can truly trust...besides Audrey.

"Alpha...how are you holding up?" he asked as he came in and stood in front of me.

"Let's just say that if I wasn't a gentleman I would be in the other room marking and Mating with her right now. Keeping Kayden in the cage is hard to do when we can smell her sweet scent sipping through the walls." I told him.

"Hmph...I feel for ya.I'm so glad I already found my Mate and don't have to suffer like you are doing right now." he said with a grin.

Glaring at him with a dirty look I went to sit at the edge of the bed. I looked at the direction of the wall and stared at it. I actually started daydreaming about Lily...my beautiful Lily. How I wish I could be with her taking a shower and making her Mine.

"Rand! Earth to Rand!" I was snapped back to reality by Blake who was snapping his fingers in front of my face.

"Huh? What?" I said now looking up at him.

"Rand...you are driving yourself crazy...why don't you just go over there and introduce yourself to her? She is your Mate  after all."

"I know she is my Mate. I...I just."

"You just what? Don't tell me you are afraid of her? Are you nervous or something?" he asked cocking his eyebrow at me.

"What? Me...nervous? I've never been nervous or afraid in my like. You know who you are talking too? I'm Alpha Rand Russo of the Russo Pack. The biggest and most feared pack in this country. I can take down ten wolves at once without breaking a sweat. How could you think  am afraid of my own Mate? There is no one I am afraid off." I stood up after...I am not afraid of anyone. It is the other way around.

Blake kept glancing at me with his eyebrow raised up and now with his arms crossed across his chest.

"You're afraid of her...aren't you?" he asked.