Chapter 48

"What you talking about man?" He looked around, still scratching his arms.

"Nigga you shoot up! I'm not stupid. I know a crack head when I see one. So what you need the money for? You stole some drugs or you just want a quick fix?"

His face fell, he was obviously embarrassed.

"A little bit of both"

I shook my head and walked over to him.

"Quan, we ain't the best of friends, but ion wanna see you like this. I'm not giving you money so you can continue to live this life. You need to get some help man."

I turned back around to walk back to my car. I felt him grab my shirt.

"Aug, maybe I ain't make myself clear. I need the money, nigga." I quickly turned back around and shoved him off. He quickly pulled out a 9 and pointed it at me.

I put my hands up. "Quan what the fuck is wrong with you man? You gon' shoot me over this shit?"

He was so fucked up that he could barely hold the gun straight without shaking.

"I need the money." He spoke again.

I stared into the barrel of the gun.

"Shoot me" I mumbled.

His eyes widened and his fiber gripped the trigger more than before.

In a swift motion, I grabbed the gone, flipping his wrist. He screamed in pain and I now had it facing him. He began breathing loudly as he fell to the floor, shaking. He began foaming at the mouth.

"Oh shit!" I yelled, dropping down.

He was having a seizure, and I knew better than to touch him, cause that only makes them worse. I pulled out my phone to dial 911.

Olivia POV

It was now 2:55 and still no sign of August. I sighed, crossing my legs.

I wanted to think that we could really work things out, that maybe we could get past all the mistakes we both have made. But this is the first step, and he isn't showing that he cares.

"I guess he isn't coming" I mumbled, trying my best not to sound defeated.

"If you want to continue this session without him, that's fine, if not that's okay too." She smiled.

"I guess we can continue" I smiled, weakly.

"Okay. This wasn't really in my notes, but I want to ask a few questions regarding you and August"

I shifted a little in my seat. "Ok" I smiled.

"Now, it's safe to say you two have communicated since the breakup, correct?"

I nodded.

"What striked this?"

I bit my lip, not wanting to really get into it.

I took a sip of water and wiped my mouth.

"After leaving here, I went over Kelsey's house. He was there."

I tried to answer as dry as possible.

"Was that your first time seeing him in 2 months."

"Yes"

"How did that go?"

"It was awkward. We said hello and he noticed I haven't been eating, he called me out on it, so I comment on the fact that I knew he hasn't been sleeping."