Chapter 12

I'm skipping some time so don't be confused! It's March now, so around the time his album, "Testimony" is about to drop.

*3 months later*

August POV

"Baby!"

"I'm in here" I yelled, I was working on the last song that I needed for this album. The release date was coming soon, and I was feeling the pressure and stress to make all my fans proud.

"I made you some lemonade" She set it down on the table and sat on my lap. "What you doing?" She asked, rubbing my back.

"Tryna think of a song to write." She looked down at my paper that had crossed out lyrics all on it. "I see no words on here."

"Obviously" I looked at her and rolled my eyes. "Damn, no need for the attitude. If you're gonna be rude I can leave." She got up and stormed off. I got up and followed her, she was sitting on my bed, with her arms folded. "Alright ma, chill. You know I'm under a lot of stress right now, the label is riding me about writing this last song."

"I know baby, but that's no reason to be mean" she looked up at me with a hurt expression. "I know and I'm sorry. I just write my best with motivation, and no distractions."

She frowned and got up, grabbing the bag that she packed to stay the night. "Fine. I'm going to work early" she put on her shoes and headed for the door. I was right behind her.

"Jasmine wait!" I yelled before she slammed the door in my face.

__________

Olivia POV

It was 2:29 pm, I ran into the diner, hurrying to clock in at exactly 2:30. "Hey Olivia" ashely said, smiling at me. "Hey Ash." I looked around for my ID card in my purse, but I couldn't find it. In walked Jasmine, she looked a little upset, but once she saw me she started cheesing hard as hell. That kinda threw me off. The last 3 months have been annoying as hell working with her. She found out that me and Aug were friends, and started kissing my ass. She even waited for him a couple times, but I thought nothing of it. She was also so nice for no damn reason, it was so fake. She would even throw some shade at me every now and then, but I ignored it because I was only here to make money.

"Hey Olivia" she waved. I waved back and she passed by me. I was searching for my card when a scent hit my nose as she walked by. It smelled familiar, but I couldn't think of it. I stopped searching when I figured it out.....

Aug' condo

"What the hell?" I mumbled to myself. "What's wrong?" Ashely said.

How and why the hell does she smell like his condo? What the hell is going on?

"Olivia?" I snapped out of my thoughts. "Huh? Oh I can't find my ID card, it disappeared." I said, trying to sound convincing.

"Here it is" Jasmine stuck her head out of the kitchen door, holding my ID card in her hand. "Thanks..." I walked over to get it from her. I always kept my ID card in my work bag, always. Something strange was going on.

I scanned my card and pressed a bunch of buttons clocking in. "Olivia Miller, clocking in shift at 2:49 pm" I listened as the automated response read the time. I sucked my teeth. "Dammit" I mumbled.

"Olivia, you know your shift starts at 2:45 right? You're early." She laughed at me and walked in the kitchen.

I sighed and followed her, while tying my apron. I began rolling silverware when Jasmine decided to make conversation. "So Olivia, I heard you're an intern at the NYC law firm" she was at the sink, washing dishes, glaring at me over her shoulder. "I am" I said, keeping it short and simple.