Chapter 3

Olivia POV

it's been 5 days since Jeremy's blowout with me in the car, making today Thursday.

Since the cookout, Jeremy has been extremely nice to me. He's been complimenting me, and when I told him that my first day at the law firm is next Tuesday, he seemed very supportive.

I was finishing up my shift at the soup kitchen,getting ready to clock out.
I decided to stay a little later to prep the chicken for the dinner we'd be serving Tommorow.

I walked through the back and locked up the building. It was now dark outside, so I pressed the button on my keys to find where my car was parked. There was no noise, which three me off.

My car was missing

"What the...." I mumbled as I began to call Jeremy.

I dialed his number and it rang 3 times before going straight to voicemail. I called again and this time it went straight to voicemail, letting me know that he was ignoring me.
I scanned the parking lot one more time, making sure I wasn't hallucinating.

Someone stole my car

"Calm down Olivia"
My only other option was Kelsey. I searched her contact name in my phone. It began ringing and I crossed my fingers, hoping she would pick up.

"Come on Kel, please pick up" I said starting to cry.

Voicemail.

There was no one else I could call. Mrs. Shannon lived 2 hours away and I would never make her drive all the way over here to take me home.

My last option was walking home.

*********************

It's been an hour and a half and I'm a little more than half way there.

"Stay calm Olivia, you are okay."
I had to keep calming myself down because my panic attacks were starting to come.

I came to a bench and decided to rest my feet for a while. I then felt a couple drops on my forehead, letting my know rain was in my near future.

I put my elbows on my knees and rested my head in my hands.

I noticed a car pull up, stopping at the red light.

August POV

I was on my way home from shawty's house when I noticed someone sitting on a bench.

As I drove closer i noticed it was a female. From what I could see, she had long curly hair, and she looked exhausted.

I rolled down my window to get a better look. And I noticed that she looked very familiar.

"Aye...you good?" I asked, trying to get her attention.

She raised her head and I immediately recognized her face.

"Hey you're 'ol girl from the grocery sto'! I remember you ma" I said chuckling a little.

She just stared at me with a blank expression. I could see the exhaustion in her face and I wanted to help her.

"Do you...um...need a ride?" I wasn't sure how to ask her.

She frowned a bit before getting up and picking up her bag.

"Oh..no no I'm okay. Thanks tho" she said before she bagan walking.

Like clock work, the red light turned green and I drove up next to her.

"I can't let you walk home ma, it's getting late and it's dangerous out here. Let me take you home."

She looked as if she wanted to say yes, but decided other wise. Her eyes widened before she spoke.

"Actually, my boyfriend is picking me up soon. Yeah, He should be here any minute now."

I knew nothing about this girl, but one thing i just leaned is that she's a terrible liar.

"Oh aight, well I'll see ya around then I guess." I said before pulling off.

Something told me to go back for her, so I made a U turn and parked a few blocks away, watching her sit on the sidewalk.

About 30 minutes later, I knew her dude wasn't coming for her, so I pulled up again.

"Are you gonna let me take you home now?"

She shot her head up and made an annoyed face.

"Look sir, I'm fine. I don't need your help or anyone else's. Thanks for the offer but I'm fine." She rolled her eyes a little.

"You're feisty ma, I like that" I smirked.

"How about this, I take you home and you'll never have to worry about me bothering you again. Deal?"

A few moments of silence passed before she answered.

"Fine"

She picked her bag up and hopped in the passenger seat.

I fixed my mirrors before pulling off.

"This is our second encounter and I still don't know your name." I decided to make conversation.

"I don't rememeber small talk being apart of our deal" she said with a slight smirk

My head tilted back as I laughed. I expected her to answer but she didn't.
The only words being said were her directions she gave me to her house.

"Make another right and the building is to the right"

I did as I was told and pulled up to an apartment complex.

"You uhh...want me to walk you up?"

She paused before smiling.

"Thanks for the ride sir, but I've got it from here" she smiled and got out of the car.

I decided to just sit in my car and watch her walk up to make sure she got home safely.

I watched her until she was out of sight. I was in no rush of going home so I decided to say thea' a little longer. 10 minutes later I heard loud screams.

"STOP!!!! HELP!!"

i quickly got out and followed the screams until I got to the 3rd door on the second floor.
The door was open and I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

- to be continued -

****************

Vote and comment!!!