"Sweet cheeks? Really?" He laughed, making the teacher look in our direction. He shot her an apologetic smile before turning back to me.

"Too soon?" I rolled my eyes, looking back down at my paper. "Psst, Riley," matter whispered.

"What?"

"Let me take you out for dinner," he said. I looked at him, furrowing my eyebrows.

"Why?"

"Because I want to get to know you better. I know what happened to you and Bryson. I'm sorry. Let me help you get your mind off of it." I thought about it for a bit. Matt was right. I did have to get my mind off of it, and he wasn't bad looking. He had lost weight since he went off to college. His slim facial features made his blue eyes stand out more, and he had a very nice smile.

"Fine, I will go out to dinner with you." He flashed me a smile.

"Tonight?"

"Sure."

"Great, I'll pick you up at six." With that, he let me finish my worksheet.

~~~~

"He what!?" Emmy says excitedly.

"He's taking me out for dinner," I repeated.

"He has gotten cute," she said, placing her hand on her cheek.

"Yeah," I say, taking a bite out of my burger.

"You know that he got one of Bryson's girlfriends to cheat on him?" I looked at her, confusion written all over my face. "Not like you'll be doing any cheating." She smirked.

"We'll see how it goes," I state, looking at my food.

"Don't let what Bryson did get to you. There are better guys in this world, and you never know, Matt might just be one of them. College could have changed him." I nodded, setting my burger down.

"You're right." She smiled, nodding.

"I'm always right," I chuckled, throwing a fry at her.

~~~~

After school, I headed straight home. Angela was still at work, and I figured the hot water tank hadn't been fixed yet. I went to my room, pulling out a nice pair of dark skinny jeans, a pink silk tank top, and a pair of black boots to finish the outfit. I slipped into my clothes and headed downstairs. I flipped through the channels, searching for something to watch to kill the time. I settled on American Horror Story reruns.

I had gotten so caught up in the show that I hadn't realized it was six until I heard a knock on the door. I glanced at the time, silently cursing the amazing show, and flipped the tv off. I grabbed my jacket, opening the door.

"You look beautiful," Matt said, causing me to blush.

"Thanks. You clean up nicely yourself," I said, taking in his gelled up hair, his blue button down shirt and black jeans. He smiled as I walked outside, locking the door behind me.

The drive was short, filled with a lot of small talk so we could get to know each other. Matt was really interesting.

"I hope you don't mind that I'm not just taking you out to dinner," he said. I looked at him with confusion on my face.

"What do you m-" my sentence fell short when I saw the lights of the Ferris wheel. "Oh my god," I said, getting way too excited.

"Someone sounds excited," Matt said, chuckling.

"I love the carnival!" Matt pulled into a parking space, coming around to my side to open the door. I smiled at him as I got out.

"Where to first?" He asked. I shrugged. Everything about the carnival was my favorite.