Chapter Ten: The Fight (Troy POV)

PICTURE OF GAGE ON THE SIDE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hey guys! I hope you are enjoying The Promise of a Pirate so far. I have a bad case of writers block and am finding it harder to write more chapters. If any of you have any ideas feel free to comment below or send me a message! I am open for anything. I have all the major details of this story covered but am having trouble with small things. Thanks for reading! :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Troy POV:

I watched as Emery walked out of the room, a little shocked. It wasn’t long before my attention returned to Ash.

“What the hell, man?” I screamed as i shoved him. He shoved me back and I hit the wall behind me.

“You know better than to let that filthy woman wonder around my ship. I gave you strict orders that you were to follow.” Before I knew what I was doing my fist collided with his nose, causing him to stumble back.

“Why? Just because you couldn’t keep your horny, womanizing fingers off her that night? If I remember correctly, she was trying to run from you. So excuse me if I fail to see how she is at fault here. If anyone is responsible for Laurens death, it's you.” As soon as those words passed my lips I regretted them. Ash looked like he was stomped on by a horse, the guilt flooding back to him.

“Look man, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to say that.” I watched as his hand folded into a fist at his side, knowing full well what was about to happen and I wasn’t going to fight him. Before I could say anything more I was thrown down to the ground.

Normally, it would be a lot harder to subdue me like that, but I deserved it. It wasn’t Ash’s fault, it was the sadistic man we worked for and the traitor we had aboard our ship. He sat over me, pinning me down with his knee digging into my chest making it difficult to breathe. I felt punch after punch fall on my face and could hear the snap of bones but I still didn’t try to push him off me. I truly deserved it.

It wasn’t until I saw Jenkins and Gage run into the room that I realized that Ash had been screaming at me almost the entire time. They were hesitant to pull him off me but they finally did. Ash took one last look at me before storming out of the room. As soon as he was gone, Jenkins pulled me up and supported me under his arm as he led me to the bathroom. I looked at myself in the mirror and was surprised at what I saw.

My nose was clearly broken and my eyes were practically swollen shut. Blood was gushing down my face and soaking my white tunic. Jenkins sat me down and Gage, the youngest boy aboard, started wiping up the blood.

“This is going to be a long journey.” I sighed to Jenkins. He simply nodded before walking out with Gage trailing behind him, leaving me to clean up my battered face.