Chapter Nine: The Pop

"And now I'm sitting here with you. That's all there is to tell." Somewhere during my story I ended up lying on my stomach on Troy's bed and he was sitting on the floor.

"Why did your parents make you marry someone more than twice your age?"

"Well, much to my parent's dismay, I waited too long pick a suitor. Most people start when they are fourteen, I started when I was eighteen." He nodded and crossed his arms over his chest. Then a puzzling look crossed his face.

"What?" I asked.

"You had to have had a least one other suitor. I mean, look at you!"

"Well actually, I had my coming out ball when I was sixteen. I had almost every eligible man knocking at my door."

"Well then what happened?"

"You did."

"Troy Emery is not in her room. We need to fi-"

The door slammed open to reveal the very angry and yet surprised face of none other than my pirate. I sprang up off the bed almost the exact same time Troy got up off the floor. I unknowingly moved a little bit behind Troy, wanting to avoid the burning gaze Ash was shooting at me. For a moment he looked relieved but that was soon replaced with rage.

"What is she doing here?" He hissed.

"She needed clothes, so I gave her some of my old ones." Troy replied, a little too calmly. Ash moved his eyes over my body causing me to shiver before returning his gaze to Troy.

"She was not to leave her cabin. You should know that. Take her back" He gave me a cold glare before turning to walk out.

"No."

I can honestly say I was utterly shocked with Troy's response. And so was Ash.He turned back around, clearly pissed and yet humored.

"No?" Ash questioned taking a step closer.

"She's not a pet. She can do as she chooses. You're not the boss in this situation. You're only the delivery boy." By this point, Ash was visibly fuming. I watched as he practically ran our direction before Troy shoved me protectively behind him.

"Either you take her, or I will." He hissed in Troy's face.

"You will have to go through me."

"I guess so." Troy shoved me before Ash's fist collided with his jaw, leaving behind a sickening pop ringing through the air. Troy was about to take a swing when I decided to intervene. Call it adrenaline or a near death experience but for some reason i no longer felt scared, but confident. I ran in front of Troy and grabbed his flying hand.

"Emery move." He demanded.

"Do you two see yourselves? This is so stupid. So if you excuse me, the pet will go back to her room." I made sure to emphasize pet as a twirled around and walked out the door. I made walked quickly back to my room, closed to door, and plopped down on my bed. Once I was sure it was safe I let out a small laugh. Their faces when I left were priceless.

I calmed down and looked around my empty room. Does Ash really expect me to stay in here forever? I got up and started investigating everything I could. I had just gotten to the desk when my door swings open. I continue what I'm doing, knowing full well who it was.

"You should really learn to knock." I said turning around to face him. "One of these days you're going to walk in on something you won't like." I suddenly felt the familiar wave of confidence fill me up again. I was probably going to regret later. I walked to my bed and sat down. "So Captain, what can I do for you?"