Chapter Six: The Meeting

PICTURE OF TROY>>>>

Sorry it's so short! Thanks for reading! :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My eyes fluttered open revealing a strange room. The pounding in my head made it almost unbearable to sit up, so I decided to just lay there. I tried to scan my mind of what happened last night but my memory comes up blank.

After laying for a while I decided it was time to get up. Slowly, I pushed myself up with my arms and swung my legs over the side of the bed. My body felt heavy as I balanced myself on the wood floor. I took a small step and regretted it instantly. Before I knew it I was crashing towards the floor, not having time to put my hands up. My head hit the floor and memories of last night flooded into my mind. The Duke stumbling in drunk. Being drugged. Him pinning me down below him, about to rape me. Then I saw him. The Pirate. Him pulling the Duke off me and holding me as a drifted.

Suddenly I felt a very familiar wave of fear run down my spine. I pressed my ear harder onto the wooden floor, very quickly hearing the sound I dreaded. The sound of waves. But not just any waves. Waves crashing into a boat. I didn’t even have to guess whose boat I was on.

“That bastard.” I mumbled out loud. He took me, just like he said he would. I was so close. Daniel and I were merely one hour from leaving forever. I had everything planned down to the last drop, but I hadn’t seen the Duke coming. And but of course the Pirate would come at that  exact time. My fist pounded the floor below me quietly.

“So close.” Kept playing through my mind. Now I’m here for God knows what, with no possible escape. I turned my body around and gripped the sheets on my bed. Using them for support, I hoisted myself up onto the bed. I quickly pulled the covers over me and closed my eyes. I listened to the calming, yet damning sound of the ocean waves hitting the boat. The slow rocking of the boat had me falling into a deep sleep in no time.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up to what sounded to be a door creaking open, then shutting lightly. Feet clomped against the floor as whoever it was moved closer.

“When will the wench wake? It’s been days. She’s so damn tempting just lying there.” A rough voice whispered. The sound of a fist hitting bone rang through the air followed by a grunt.

“Don’t you even think about it. You know fully well what the Captain said. I should have you mopping the deck for a week” There was a loud sigh before the same voice continued. “Anytime soon. Though I think it would better if she just stayed asleep. It would be better for her and the Captain.” Something about his voice drew me to him. It made me want to call out to him and have him come and comfort me. I heard footsteps move towards the door and open it.

“Coming?” The rough voice asked.

“Resume your duties. I’m to check her vital signs.”

“Yes sir.” As soon as the door shut, the bed dipped at the end.

“I know you’re awake. You don’t have to pretend with me.” I mentally punched myself before opening my eyes, revealing a very attractive man in front of me.

“How did you know?” I questioned, honestly curious as to how I was caught.

“No one could be that gorgeous when they are sleeping.” I just frowned at him. He laughed and crossed his arms.

“Too soon?” When I didn’t answer, he continued. “Look, I’m sorry. I was just trying to lighten the mood. You look scared as hell.”

“Well how am I supposed to look after being almost raped, knocked out, and most likely raped when I was out?”

“Okay darling, we-“

“Don’t call me that.” I interrupted. He must looked at me confused. “He used to call me that.” He seemed to understand who I was referring too and his expression softened.

“Well sweetheart, we saved you from being raped and haven’t touched you since you were laid down here that night. The ones who tried were punished and given the worst possible jobs. We’ve been ordered not to touch you, so we won’t.”

“Ordered? Ordered by who.”

“That’s classified information. Some of which even the Captain doesn’t know.” I just nodded, knowing better than to argue with pirates. We just sat there, not talking. After a while he shifted positions on the bed.

“My name is Troy by the way.” He stuck his hand out, waiting for me to shake it. I just looked at it, not knowing if it was safe. He pulled it back and smiled. “I get it, you need time. Soon you will open up to me.” He gave me a toothy grin. I watched as he stood up and walked toward the door.

“You aren’t as mean as I expected you to be.” He turned and smirked.

“And you aren’t as stuck up as I thought you to be. Then again, we’ve only talked once. Don’t worry thought, sweetheart, we will have plenty of time to get to know each other better. And I’m looking forward to it.” He smiled as he turned back around and opened the door.

“If you need me, my room is the one to the left of yours. Come anytime you want to talk.” He started to walk out of the door but suddenly stopped and turned back to face me.

“A word of advice, don’t leave the cabin area. Just because I’ve showed you kindness doesn’t mean anyone else will. I’m sure you know that pirates are quite brutal, so let me warn you. This ship, The Lost Pearl, has the most feared crew throughout these waters. And it’s been a very long time since they’ve felt the fingers of a woman. ” With that, he closed the door shut behind him, leaving me alone again.

I curled back up into ball and thought about my family and Daniel. They must be so worried. I wonder how the Duke covered what had happened. He probably did it easily, using the kidnapping as the reason for the mess and why he was so beat up. He’s probably being praised as a hero because of fighting off my kidnappers until he physically couldn’t. That thought made me feel instantly sick. I looked around the room, trying to spot what might be a bathroom. Once I found it I ran to it and crouched over a makeshift toilet.

Once my body got out everything it could I turned to the bath. I happily pumped warm water from a bucket into it. I stripped of my clothes, spending quite some time trying to remove the corset. Once I succeeded I stepped into the warm water, sitting down immediately. The warm water calmed me down almost instantly. I closed my eyes, feeling relaxed. I just lied there, never wanting to get out.