Chapter 21

The week passes in a blur. Girls hurry to find dresses as the week goes on and more people get asked to the dance. Nothing unusual happens which makes is a pretty boring week.

But today is finally the day of the dance. As I lay in bed I begin to daydreaming about tonight. I can picture in my mind how Oliver will show up in his suit and how he will have a conversation with my dad. I can already hear my dad telling him that he better treat me right and how he knows he will but he has to do the "dad thing" and say it anyway.

Thinking of these moments makes my heart swell. So many things can happen tonight.

Many of us find our mates tonight since other packs come as well. Maybe tonight I will meet mine or maybe I'll realize that mine has always been right in front of me. Either way I won't be leaving the dance without a mate. He will either be my actual mate or my chosen mate, Oliver.

I can picture Oliver's dark hair and eyes. I can see his cheeks turn a light shade of pink the way they do when I catch him looking at me when he thinks I don't notice. He is one of my best friends and I couldn't be happier to have him as a mate if I don't find my true mate. I know he will let me lead my pack the way I want to and he will treat me with respect.

My thoughts are interrupted then by a knock at my door.

I get up and open the door to find Avery standing there with her makeup bag and dress bag in her arms.

"I can see that you haven't gotten out of bed all day" she says as she pushes her way past me into my room.

Sometimes I'm glad to have her as a friend simply because she always knows when I need help. I never have to actually ask her for help she just has a way of knowing.

"Come on and sit down so I can start on your makeup. I have a lot to do to you" She motions to the chair by my vanity as she starts unloading the makeup and hair things onto the counter.

I quickly change into my robe so I don't mess up Avery's hard work when I have to change later. I then go back to my day dreaming as she begins to do her magic on me.

In just a few hours I will no longer be single. Instead I will basically be engaged to a man. My life will become so different after tonight.

Her voice beings be back to reality. "Hey, don't worry about tonight. Things will work out perfect. Actually things will be more than perfect! You will have you mate. Just relax and --"

Once again there is a knock at my door. Walking to the door I find Colton there this time.

He looks nervously at me, "I just wanted to wish you luck on everything tonight. I'm sorry for how I acted before. I know I was wrong of me to act that way especially since I just found out of your world and I know nothing of your customs. I just wanted to apologize."

He was starting to turn and walk away when I realize my hand is reaching out to him. I don't know why but I place my hand on his shoulder to stop him. "Thanks for that. I means a lot to me."

When my hand makes contact like before tingles run up my arm. I let go and stare at my hand. When I glace back up I see that Colton is halfway down the hall.

As I shut go back in the room and shut the door Avery walks over and begins to guild me back to the chair. "What was that all about?"

"Hm? Oh that? It was nothing."

I was so out of it that I didn't even realize that Avery finished with my hair and makeup hours ago and already did hers as well. Wow how long was I staring at the wall?

I glanced in the mirror and take in the beautiful work Avery did. My hair was pulled back some with a French comb and softly curled. She did very natural makeup as well. Whatever she did really made my amber eyes stand out. She really does work wonders.

Avery looks absolutely fabulous as well. For herself she did an up-do with curls falling loosely out of it and around her face. Her eye make is dark but not too dark and looks perfect on her.

She gives my hand a squeeze and pulls me to my feet. "Lets get dress and go knock everyone off their feet. It takes me longer than I expected to get us both ready and the party has already started.