Chapter 12

Finding rooms for everyone is a huge headache. There aren't enough rooms for everyone to have their own and too many babies.

How we have things set up at the moment is 2 elders to a room, 3 kids between the ages of two and five to a room, then 2 kids per room for the other kids. The babies are divided among those of us old enough to care for a baby. Those of us that took a baby have to care for them for most of the day. Their parents were welcomed to come care for them at any time, but most parents would enjoy the break, be on patrol, or didn't want to bring more attention to the pack house by coming and going if we had a spy. The child will kind of be ours.

I volunteered to care for one of them. I waited until last to pick the child I would care for since I don't really care how old the child is. After everyone that would take a baby chooses there is only one left. Of course, it is the youngest so the one that will need the most care. I have the pleasure of caring for a 5-month-old baby girl named Kacee.

Avery objects and says that she will instead help look after the two and three-year old's during the day. Claiming that she needs her rest and can't handle the crying.

I then go to help set up the toddlers' rooms. We have to take out all of the glass objects and replace them with toys. We don't put much in there because they should be bringing some over with them.

All of the parents have been informed of what is going on and most have agreed that's what's best. Those that don't want their child to do be here aren't forced. My dad respects their decision.

The elders have already all arrived and are getting settled into their rooms. Some of the kids have begun to arrive also but not many. Most of the parents are using these last few hours to say goodbye to their kid and explain what will happen. The parents will be able to visit their kids whenever they please, it will be a big change for them.

Those of us that are responsible for a baby will meet with the parents. Meaning I'll have to meet with the parents of Kacee. Yes, I've met everyone in the pack but it being so large I don't know everyone on a personal level. Actually, I only know a few personally.

While I wait for her parents I help get the kids that have arrived settled. I take a group of five older kids on a tour. I show them where the kitchen, living rooms, training room, and game room are all located. I then bring them back up to their room since they probably don't remember how to get there. Their names are on cute signs hung on their doors to help make sure everyone makes it to the right rooms.

As I'm walking back to my room to take a break one of the maids comes up to me.

"Miss Mia, you are being asked for down stairs. A man with a little baby."

"Thank you." Well looks like I'm not getting that break after all.

As I'm walking down the hall I pass two men carrying a crib.

Stopping them I ask, "can I ask who that's going to?"

"To you Miss Mia." The one man says.

Nodding I let them continue on their way and me on mine. I don't worry about them getting in my room because I left it unlocked since I expected people to be bringing things up.

When I get down stairs I notice a man holding a baby carrier in one arm and a dipper bag in another. This must be for me.

"Alpha Mia." He nods in respect.

He's the first person to call me that. Shocked I stutter, "t-thank you."

Regaining myself I lead him to one of the small side rooms where the meetings are taking place.

The UnknownOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara