Chapter 3: Answers

Edward's POV:

It's Bella's 10th birthday already. We can't believe she is 10 already. We decided to tell her, her birthday is September 13th since that is 3 months before she came to us. She knows that she showed up on her doorstep one day but she has other questions.

After Bella finished her Pancakes and Bacon I asked her, "What do you want to do for your birthday?"

"I want answers!" She said sternly.

"About?" I asked her as if I had no clue.

"Well your skin is ice cold, your eyes change color, you never go out in the sunlight, the only time you have ever eaten anything is when I forced you to eat a strawberry last year!" She yelled.

Edward we can't keep it from her. She isn't going to tell anyone I saw it. We can trust her. Alice thought.

"Bella there is something we have been keeping for you," I said softly.

"Yeah no duh!" She said angrily. We take her to sit on the couch in case she freaks out.

"Bella our family is special....." I say.

"Ok, that doesn't really answer anything," She says still irritated.

"Just stay calm please," I say to her.

"Ok." She says.

"We are vampires, but we only drink animal blood and it's not like we burn in the sun we just sparkle and we have super hearing and we can run really fast and we are really strong. I can read minds well exept yours I don't know why I can't read yours. Alice can see the future and Jasper can sense emotions and control emotions," I say really quickly explaining everything.

She stares at me with her mouth hanging open. She just blinks at me.

"THATS AWESOME!!" She yells. I smile. Glad that she isn't freaked out.

"So when do I get to see the sparkles?" She asks jokingly.

"Some day," I tell her. Everyone is smiling.

"So Bella now that, that is cleared up I was thinking we could go shopping!" Alice said excitedly.

"Alice you know I hate shopping," Bella whined.

"I've got a present for you," I tell her.

"Edward no you didn't have to. You know I hate when people give me presents," Bella says.

"To bad. Your getting one," I say pulling a box wrapped in wrapping paper from my pocket. I hand it to her. She sighs a little frustrated with me. Bella opens the little box and gasps when she sees it. She holds it up. Its a necklace with a blue sparkly diamond on it.

"Thank you," She whispers and then blushes.

"Your welcome. Here let me help you put it on," I say. Bella hands it to me and I put it around her neck.

"So what do you want to do today?" I ask her again.

"I don't know. Can we just watch a movie or something?" She asks.

"It's up to you. The sky's the limit," I say.

"Movie it is," She says.

"Alright what movie?" I ask her. Alice comes prancing down the stairs.

"Here," She says and hands Bella a box.

"Seriously when are you guys gonna learn that I hate getting presents," She says.

"We're your family so suck it up buttercup. Your gonna love it. I saw it," Alice exclaims. Bella rolled her eyes but took the present anyway. Bella opened it. Inside was a blue dress. Bella held it up to her. It went down to about her knees.

"It's really pretty. Thank you," Bella said.

"Your welcome. Now what movie do you want to watch?" Alice asked. She already knew that answer though. Typical Alice.

"Let's just watch Ice Age," Bella says. It's not that I don't like that movie I'm just not really in the mood to watch a movie. I think about getting up and going to my room. I just stay on the couch with Bella. It's her birthday and I'm going to spend it with her.

Em and Rose sit in the love seat. Alice sits on Jasper's lap in the recliner. Carlisle and Esme sit on the big couch and Bella and I are on the other love seat.

When we are about halfway through the movie Bella lays down and puts her head on my leg. I smile at her.

"Can you get me a blanket please?" She asks.

"I'll get it for you," Alice says and zoomes up the stairs. She is back in 2 seconds. She lays the blanket over Bella and goes and sit back down.

"Thanks," Bella whispers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you liked that chapter! Please vote and comment! See ya later lovlies :P